Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 12:31 PM

Rose Expert?

My good lady found (nicked) a rose branch when we were returning to out car at the garden centre about 2 years ago. She planted it up and this year it flowered. I was hoping that maybe someone on here could identify it.
The buds started off pale green and now the large flowers are cream with some red spots, a hybrid tea I suspect but cannot find anything similar on the internetwebby thing.
Can anyone help?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	930D0211-FBEE-4B39-9D79-25EB1FF82DF5.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	13196  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 12:46 PM

Re: Rose Expert?

No idea of the name of your rose Vlad but wanted to say what a beauty it is.....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 12:57 PM

No idea, it's lovely though.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 01:04 PM

Thanks ladies, It was worth a shot, my good lady likes it too, she is the rose lover and I am the Dahlia man
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 09:50 PM

Sorry, I know not either Vlad, but it's lovely.

(Note to Mrs Vlad, when buying a plant, shove the name tag in the soil for future reference - or in the shed )
Vlad
West Midlands UK

13-07-2020, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Sorry, I know not either Vlad, but it's lovely.

(Note to Mrs Vlad, when buying a plant, shove the name tag in the soil for future reference - or in the shed )
It was a branch she had found on the Way back to the car Park from the garden centre, we suspect from a Rose Bush someone had bought :lol when we get out of lockdown we intend to go back and have a look at their roses and hopefully identify it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 10:47 PM

Vlad, there are hundreds and hundreds of roses, so it will be hard to identify.

There are two things I can suggest though -

1. The little spots are usually caused by rain, it happens to mine the same, especially the white ones.

2. Have a look at this David Austin page.
Your rose looks quite a lot like the one called 'Silver Anniversary,' (4th line down), but see what you think.

https://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/colour/white-cream
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
It was a branch she had found on the Way back to the car Park from the garden centre, we suspect from a Rose Bush someone had bought :lol when we get out of lockdown we intend to go back and have a look at their roses and hopefully identify it.
Yeah, yeah... where I have I heard that before?

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yeah, yeah... where I have I heard that before?

He thinks we were all born yesterday, Pesta.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 05:42 AM

Vlad your wife reminds me of an Aunty....I had to stop taking her to the local garden centre before we got black listed because she took cuttings from anything she fancied. she had a lovely garden

The rose is lovely and it was free so it will smell even sweeter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top