Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 09:41 PM

scam?

I've just had this email and I didn't know what the heck it was talking about as I've never signed up to any music

Thanks again for getting Amazon Music. Your free 12-months trial has ended, and you'll be charged £24.99/month starting today.

Order details

Order number: 9394984
Receipt date: 2020-07-13

It says If you do not want to continue your subscription to Amazon Music, please go to Subscription Cancellation & Refund in your account.

Thank you.
AmazonSupport

Then when I clicked the link my browser told me it was dangerous to go there.

Another scam? I'm worrying now though that £25 a month will come out of my bank.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 09:51 PM

Re: scam?

There are a few Amazon scams going about.
Phone calls e.mails I just blank them you should to LQ.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 09:53 PM

I just had a phone call about Amazon Prime, which I don't have. I think there's a few going around at the moment. If worried contact Amazon through your account not the number on email or phone.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 10:15 PM

Contact your bank and stop that deduction if it is happening. Usually that's just to scare you to contact them so they get your details. The old rule is do not even respond to anything..anything.. you don't know about or remember asking for or ordering. Just delete it without even opening it and put it on your block list.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:40 PM

Don't know if this will be any help Queenie?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=201909120
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 05:25 AM

I've had phone calls telling me the same thing....its a recording and you are instructed to press one if you want to cancel your subscription ...doing so takes you onto a premium call so they leave you dangling and charge you premium rates.

Terrible that we have to be so vigilant against these crooks.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 09:15 AM

There is a general piece of advice, relative to these types of incoming emails (suggesting that your payment is due, changed, or whatever).

That is NEVER reply to the email, OR click on any attachment therein, if it is asking for money or suggesting that you click on something in the email.

If you are not sure, whether you might owe them some money, wait at least an hour after receiving such email and then log on to the proper home site of whoever it claims to be from (e.g. Amazon.co.uk) and check into your account there.

If there is no mention of any required subscription, in the proper account, then the email is a scam.

Or, with any incoming email asking for money, subs, etc, just delete it.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
There is a general piece of advice, relative to these types of incoming emails (suggesting that your payment is due, changed, or whatever).

That is NEVER reply to the email, OR click on any attachment therein, if it is asking for money or suggesting that you click on something in the email.

If you are not sure, whether you might owe them some money, wait at least an hour after receiving such email and then log on to the proper home site of whoever it claims to be from (e.g. Amazon.co.uk) and check into your account there.

If there is no mention of any required subscription, in the proper account, then the email is a scam.

Or, with any incoming email asking for money, subs, etc, just delete it.
All good advice, plus I would like to add that if anyone owes money and ignores what turns out to be a genuine reminder of any debt, you can be sure further steps will be taken to recover a debt genuinely owed. That then is the time to do something about finding out what it's all about.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 11:17 AM

As well as scam emails from Amazon, I've also had a few recently from paypal claiming they're suspending my account. All rubbish.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 11:21 AM

I have been getting loads of scams from amazon and PayPal lately .
I delete them right away .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top