Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 08:35 PM

Crime and Punishment

Do you think if harsher punishments were given for crimes, people would think twice before breaking the law.

Should there be a list/charter of punishments for a crime, Maybe posters depicting such on walls, train stations, bus stops and where ever they could be noticed… maybe a few TV adverts stating the punishment too

5 to 8 yrs for carrying a knife
8 to 10 yrs for threating with a knife
12 to 18 yrs for attacking someone with a knife

Of course circumstances would be considered to receive the minimum sentence.

Also make 5 years or however many years be that, and not a day less.

Also harsher punishments for minor crimes, and children over aged 14 and over.

I believe if such punishment were carried out, and the message soon got around, people would think twice about carrying a knife
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 09:27 PM

Re: Crime and Punishment

The present punishments don't fit the crimes, that's for sure.
Some stuff I read about, I'm tempted to say bring back the death penalty.

Edited...
Or cyber transport (so it costs nothing ) them to a desert island so they'll kill each other off
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 10:02 PM

The Law is a joke these days. I feel very sorry for the Police - they do their best to catch the villains then one of two things happens - either CPS say the case against them isn't strong enough, so they have to let them go again - or - the ones who are taken to court are given such pathetic sentences that bear no reflection on the crime at all!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 10:27 PM

Criminals, even Murderers, have a cushy life in Jaii.

They get well fed, Laundry done, TV and Computers and access to Education, and smoking and often drugs are illegally available.
It is no punishment as many just gloat, and relive their crimes
all over again and there is no contrition.

It would not suprise me that some may need to be tucked up in bed at night.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 10:37 PM

This thread seems to re-appear regularly. The same question has been asked probably ten times since I've been here. So once again may answer is we change what people value from the beginning. It is the ONLY way anything is ever going to change. Politicians who campaign on the "law and order" ticket are usually the biggest and corrupt bullsh*tters of all. They have nothing specific to say about their policies so theyprey on people's fears and say they will make thing better with bigger prisons. more cops etc. It NEVER EVER happens. Some of them just end up dictators - psychotic or not - and then it's mostly people like you and me who suffer the most. YOu want people to stop carrying knives?..Get rid of the kinds of knives. they carry. JMO Make politicians serve a probationary period in in office. Let them prove they can do the job before they get their black licence. They can spend a while on"P's"..I'm dreamin yeah? probably.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 10:44 PM

I think juvenile criminal punishment should be a lot harder as to set a precedent.

Mind many clever people say... Harsh punishments do/will not reduce crime.

Educate and Rehabilitate provides the best result .... I can't see it myself.
marciniak
wales uk

13-07-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
This thread seems to re-appear regularly. The same question has been asked probably ten times since I've been here. So once again may answer is we change what people value from the beginning. It is the ONLY way anything is ever going to change. Politicians who campaign on the "law and order" ticket are usually the biggest and corrupt bullsh*tters of all. They have nothing specific to say about their policies so theyprey on people's fears and say they will make thing better with bigger prisons. more cops etc. It NEVER EVER happens. Some of them just end up dictators - psychotic or not - and then it's mostly people like you and me who suffer the most. YOu want people to stop carrying knives?..Get rid of the kinds of knives. they carry. JMO Make politicians serve a probationary period in in office. Let them prove they can do the job before they get their black licence. They can spend a while on"P's"..I'm dreamin yeah? probably.

I do apologise Keezoy I was unaware this Topic had been asked/mentioned before.

Maybe Admin could remove it.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:49 PM

Mate don't apologise to me. IT wasn't a complaint. People can ask whatever they want as many times as they want. I don't own the forum Unless what you say is tongue in cheek.Again that's fine with me. If I don't like a topic I can always not comment yeah? IT's all good.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
I think juvenile criminal punishment should be a lot harder as to set a precedent.

Mind many clever people say... Harsh punishments do/will not reduce crime.

Educate and Rehabilitate provides the best result .... I can't see it myself.
They have all had a chance at education already .
Clearly it didn’t work
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 01:50 AM

Hi

An Enforcement Officer, I have a very different view to many.

Prison is not the answer, it costs a fortune and they just learn more Criminality when they are in there.

It is my view that 90% of prisoners should not be in Prison, it is a waste of time.

It is a badge of Honour for many, something to be bragged about.

Humiliation is the answer.

They are out everyday, dressed in Orange, in all Weathers, cleaning the Streets.

The chain gang.

You make them work locally, for all to see.

The 10% who need to be in Prison get sod all.

No TV, no Internet, Solitary and no remission at all.

Restricted visiting, behind Glass and communication by phone which is recorded.

They live in Faraday Cages, so a smuggled Mobile is useless.

Minimal Calorie Intake, no Gym and an hour a day exercise in their own.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top