Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 10:47 PM

Re: Brits going crazy

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
No you won't be, neither will I but my son will be, So for his sake I prefer to think that society..yours and mine.. will remain pretty much a balance of good and bad, decent and otherwise; Like it has done since circa "dot".
Yes, my daughter will be too and I would love to think that would be the case, but I somehow I doubt it unless things change.

I wish that magic wand wasn't a myth.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 10:51 PM

Society can be a personal experience if the vision only extends to the end of the street.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 10:54 PM

There has been a Shift.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
TBH l havent seen an ozzie drunk at all??
Only on TV!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
They were well known for going mad with bottlefights over here until they restricted the number of visas a few years ago. The UK was the Magaluf for antipodeans until then.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They were well known for going mad with bottlefights over here until they restricted the number of visas a few years ago. The UK was the Magaluf for antipodeans until then.
Yes I guess some Australians have misbehaved overseas. The thing that sticks in my craw is when people say it as if Australians are the only tourists who get violent. Like this kind of behaviour only happens with Australians. I was beaten nearly to death in Perth (Western Australia) by an English skinhead from Yorkshire when I was 19. He didn't use a bottle. he used his boots. The only thing I really remember was him shouting "Remember British power!"..Turns out he was a tourist. He was charged with assault and deported. I spent two weeks in hospital and several months on and off in rehab. I got better. No worse for wear - eventually. But even after this I managed to not develop a prejudice against the English. But you get all types yeah?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Fortunately l have been absent from uk for the last forty years
Annie? So must have missed all that crap??

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 10:04 AM

Yes I guess some Australians have misbehaved overseas. The thing that sticks in my craw is when people say it as if Australians are the only tourists who get violent. Like this kind of behaviour only happens with Australians. I was beaten nearly to death in Perth (Western Australia) by an English skinhead from Yorkshire when I was 19. He didn't use a bottle. he used his boots. The only thing I really remember was him shouting "Remember British power!"..Turns out he was a tourist. He was charged with assault and deported. I spent two weeks in hospital and several months on and off in rehab. I got better. No worse for wear - eventually. But even after this I managed to not develop a prejudice against the English. But you get all types yeah?
You must have really upset him Keezoy??
What did you do?

Donkeyman! 😟😟
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You must have really upset him Keezoy??
What did you do?

Donkeyman! 😟😟
I'd like to take that as the joke that I hope it is DM. I did absolutely nothing. I was just in his way. It was a completely unprovoked attack. Does it matter?..I was just making the point that I could have used the actions of one violent idiot who was a guest in my country to judge all poms. I didn't. THat's it. If you want to ask a serious question about the event I'll answer it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 10:23 AM

God how awful .
I am surprised you want to speak to us at all Keezoy !
What I want to know is how these people got to Magaluf ?
Are their flights out there ?
And where do they get the money ?
It’s all doom and gloom here with people losing jobs left right and centre .
Unless they are all on this stupid furlough.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

14-07-2020, 10:46 AM

I'd like to take that as the joke that I hope it is DM. I did absolutely nothing. I was just in his way. It was a completely unprovoked attack. Does it matter?..I was just making the point that I could have used the actions of one violent idiot who was a guest in my country to judge all poms. I didn't. THat's it. If you want to ask a serious question about the event I'll answer it.
I am sorry about my brand of humour keezoy, but l can help it?
I did'nt really expect you to reply?
However l will confirm that the uk has a sizeable population of
Paranoid, low self esteem citizens spread across the country?
How, and why they got here l dont know?
I am sorry that you had the misfortune to meet up with one of
them !!
Glad to hear you made a complete recovery !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top