Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 01:53 AM

Re: Crime and Punishment

How many criminals assume that they are going to get caught? If they did there might be a lot less crime. I know it sounds 'Big Brotherish' but put CCTV everywhere then they would know they would get caught. Rehab and education is the answer not increasing the sentence. It just means that we are lumbered with the cost of keeping them. In some cases, like our terrorist of the Christchurch shooting, it is the mental state that needs treatment, if that is not effective then incarceration indefinitely.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 08:33 AM

What’s the point in catching them when the sentences are so derisory ?
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Mate don't apologise to me. IT wasn't a complaint. People can ask whatever they want as many times as they want. I don't own the forum Unless what you say is tongue in cheek.Again that's fine with me. If I don't like a topic I can always not comment yeah? IT's all good.

Sorry Keezoy it weren't a personal apology, and I weren't taking the mick either..... I was genuinely apologising out of embarrassment.... thinking everyone be thinking " Oh no, not this again "
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Sorry Keezoy it weren't a personal apology, and I weren't taking the mick either..... I was genuinely apologising out of embarrassment.... thinking everyone be thinking " Oh no, not this again "
All good mate.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
I think juvenile criminal punishment should be a lot harder as to set a precedent.

Mind many clever people say... Harsh punishments do/will not reduce crime.

Educate and Rehabilitate provides the best result .... I can't see it myself.
Perhaps the clever people need re-educating as well as the
criminals marciniak??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 10:34 AM

What amazes me is it appears we mostly all agree that punishment doesn't fit te crime and prusin is a joke wuth how the prisoners have it cushy yet still nothing gets done. This snowflake society has a lot to answer for snd until some changes are made i can see it only getting wiese.

I agree with Swimmy but the snowflakes would say oh no we cant have public humiliation, that would scar them gor life! Well theur crime might well have scarred the vuctim for life but oh yeah, thats ok isnt it!

I think the petty criminals don't need jail time when it cost so much to keep them there free. Punish them byother means like cleaning the streets etc in uniform.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
What amazes me is it appears we mostly all agree that punishment doesn't fit te crime and prusin is a joke wuth how the prisoners have it cushy yet still nothing gets done. This snowflake society has a lot to answer for snd until some changes are made i can see it only getting wiese.

I agree with Swimmy but the snowflakes would say oh no we cant have public humiliation, that would scar them gor life! Well theur crime might well have scarred the vuctim for life but oh yeah, thats ok isnt it!

I think the petty criminals don't need jail time when it cost so much to keep them there free. Punish them byother means like cleaning the streets etc in uniform.
We would have to chain them together though, or they would just
disappear LQ?
And some system of good behaviour rewards instated to ensure
that they complete the tasks allotted to them ??

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 11:29 AM

Have often said that a criminal should spend, as a basic minimum, the amount of time spent in investigating/prosecuting them, in addition to having to earn sufficient monies (whilst in prisons and/or community tasks) so as to repay both the loss to the victim (with additional damages being awarded) as well as the state's costs - including the cost of their incarceration.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 12:59 PM

Good grief just read my post and the spelling is atrocious, i can't type on my phone lol

Good job our brains can read even the worst of spelling. Sorry for my bad spelling
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 01:33 PM

Society has changed beyond recognition. Imprisonment in itself is not punishment which is the premise that has become adopted. But there are other measures that could pe imposed that would be very much more unpleasant for most crims than being banged up. Interference in their social lives being a big pain in the tuchas and weekend prison terms would work well as would community service and curfews. For under 18's imposing sanctions on their parent/s or guardians would also result in more attention being given to what their little scrotes are getting up to as well. Then there's the age of criminal responsibility. Never mind increasing it - reduce it. Six or at most seven makes much more sense as would be publishing names of kids, not withholding them.

But that's just a first step. The root cause is very bad parenting from parents who have no idea about what parents should do.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top