Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 11:37 PM

Re: Is America right to fear Huawei?.....

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Divans should have seen the end of reds under the bed, (and other colours) plus a bit of extra storage for the Data
Divans? Ugh! Those drawers were not even strong enough to store the skeletons, which is probably how they ended up in the closet...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I am quite prepared for and indeed expect Art to vigorously disagree as is his right of course but...What was once a suspicion and an ominous gut feeling about Xi and his mob has become a sense of very clear and present danger. Despite the endless things we complain about, We are very very lucky here - all of us - meaning you in the UK, us here in Australia and New Zealand, Canada and western Europe etc. We are lucky because we have the luxury of, regardless of our view, being able to complain. Being allowed to complain without fear of [ immediate] retribution or "correction" We are lucky because regardless of our prejudices, racial, religious or any other - we are allowed to have them. Sure we have the pressure of political correctness and the cancel culture but ask yourself..ARe you really that restricted?..People pretty much say what they like here. China may be watching or listening but at least you can say it. Everybody has a platform. You also have the luxury of being allowed to ignore sh*t you don't want to .ear. YOu can say you love Boris or that he's a numpty ( Learned that word here..I love it?) IN China?...well all I can say is they (the 1.5 billion) can have it. What a monumentally horrible place it looks. So Art I have to say - with the usual respect - that I couldn't possibly disagree with you more mate. THere is NEVER a situation where you can do nothing. I sure ain't going there. THere is always the opportunity of fighting to the death for what you believe in isn't there? What's the point of living anyway if that life is worse than death?
Keezoy, yes that's still the case but who knows how long it will last. Things are changing fast. It can change overnight.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 01:14 AM

Annie ... as I was reading that I thought the same as you.

This democratic, unfettered free speech society ain't always as glorious as it sounds either ... look at how easily it's manipulated by mob-rule such as 'Black Lives Matter'.
And yet others.. more genuine and worthy of a voice ... can go unheard.

We're already overloaded with CTV cameras ... the UK is changing. Society is changing.
Put it this way ... five years ago on forums I used to say exactly what I thought. Now .. I self censor and try to be more obscure as you never know who is watching or snooping or reporting.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 01:58 AM

Hi

The best thread by far for ages, proper discussion and no personal attacks, like the old days.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Keezoy, yes that's still the case but who knows how long it will last. Things are changing fast. It can change overnight.
Of course yes. You never know for sure anything about what things are going to change to. And when things change they usually do change quickly. My only point is that there IS no point in just letting things change to a situation that is making life hell for you. Just laying down down and taking it? I will never give up what I have without a fight regardless of how scary the threat is. Because when you do fight as hard as you can..you never know..You just might win. Thank god those brave people that you celebrated not so long ago didn't take that attitude in 1941 in the skies over England. YOu did it then..you can do it again. So can we. And to those who say.."Oh but it's different now!..IT's a totally new threat.." I say nah. IT is not different. It is exactly the same. It is a bunch of gutless, narcisssistic, scumbag gangsters and dictators who want to make you and their own people their bitch. I'd rather die fighting thanks. IF it comes to that of course. There's lots of different ways to fight.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Arena ->
The US has been feeding us this kind of bullshi* for years 'The yellow peril', 'Reds', 'weapons of mass destruction' etc. But still some mugs believe them.
Dead right ! We took Hong Kong from China by some very nasty methods. They are perfectly entitled to have it back.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 08:56 AM

I am quite prepared for and indeed expect Art to vigorously disagree as is his right of course but...What was once a suspicion and an ominous gut feeling about Xi and his mob has become a sense of very clear and present danger. Despite the endless things we complain about, We are very very lucky here - all of us - meaning you in the UK, us here in Australia and New Zealand, Canada and western Europe etc. We are lucky because we have the luxury of, regardless of our view, being able to complain. Being allowed to complain without fear of [ immediate] retribution or "correction" We are lucky because regardless of our prejudices, racial, religious or any other - we are allowed to have them. Sure we have the pressure of political correctness and the cancel culture but ask yourself..ARe you really that restricted?..People pretty much say what they like here. China may be watching or listening but at least you can say it. Everybody has a platform. You also have the luxury of being allowed to ignore sh*t you don't want to .ear. YOu can say you love Boris or that he's a numpty ( Learned that word here..I love it?) IN China?...well all I can say is they (the 1.5 billion) can have it. What a monumentally horrible place it looks. So Art I have to say - with the usual respect - that I couldn't possibly disagree with you more mate. THere is NEVER a situation where you can do nothing. I sure ain't going there. THere is always the opportunity of fighting to the death for what you believe in isn't there? What's the point of living anyway if that life is worse than death?

Well Said, Keezoy!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 09:03 AM

Of course yes. You never know for sure anything about what things are going to change to. And when things change they usually do change quickly. My only point is that there IS no point in just letting things change to a situation that is making life hell for you. Just laying down down and taking it? I will never give up what I have without a fight regardless of how scary the threat is. Because when you do fight as hard as you can..you never know..You just might win. Thank god those brave people that you celebrated not so long ago didn't take that attitude in 1941 in the skies over England. YOu did it then..you can do it again. So can we. And to those who say.."Oh but it's different now!..IT's a totally new threat.." I say nah. IT is not different. It is exactly the same. It is a bunch of gutless, narcisssistic, scumbag gangsters and dictators who want to make you and their own people their bitch. I'd rather die fighting thanks. IF it comes to that of course. There's lots of different ways to fight.
There are always Appeasers, and those who appease will give anything to avoid conflict.

They said that we should let the Nazis do what they were doing, they said the Falklands were not worthy of saving, etc etc etc.

They don't realise that Bullies depend on appeasers to keep them in control.
We haven't declared war on China, we're actually just cutting back on trade with them.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 10:13 AM

A couple of books well worth a read where fighting wars is concerned especially when to and when not to. "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu, and Machiavelli " The Price" which was one of the set books when I was working towards my MBA.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
There are always Appeasers, and those who appease will give anything to avoid conflict.

They said that we should let the Nazis do what they were doing, they said the Falklands were not worthy of saving, etc etc etc.

They don't realise that Bullies depend on appeasers to keep them in control.
We haven't declared war on China, we're actually just cutting back on trade with them.
Bullies rely on POWER to keep control.

China HAS the power, the West and the UK especially doesn't.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top