Join for free
Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 09:50 AM

Re: Greta Thunberg

AT the point is that we know something bad is happening but there are no solutions that wont create a great deal of human misery.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
AT the point is that we know something bad is happening but there are no solutions that wont create a great deal of human misery.
Instead of all the young people protesting they had better start thinking how they are going to save their world because most of us on here are almost done with it.....
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 10:13 AM

Hope you enjoy your holiday, OGF. Are you going on the Iona maiden voyage next May (I think) to the Fjords ? Largest built for the UK market (in Germany) .
Over 5000 passengers so goodness knows how many crew ! Probably another 2000 plus.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Instead of all the young people protesting they had better start thinking how they are going to save their world because most of us on here are almost done with it.....
I believe that the protests taking place now and into the future are intended to raise awareness of the general public just how extreme, important, and urgent that steps that are needed should have started years ago.

Judging from most of the comments made here the extent of the won't and/or can't accept that what is happening is at the very least being VERY adversely affected by our way of life.

Similar protests and demonstrations are taking place in an increasing
number of countries.

As a matter of interest China is also working towards polution reduction.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 10:55 AM

The protests may have many genuine supporters but they are part of a wider anarchic/ Marxist rebellion. Momentum have added their support. So while deniers have one corrupt agenda protestors have another. Nothing is ever as it seems. Either way we are being sold a pup.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 11:08 AM

The protests may have many genuine supporters but they are part of a wider anarchic/ Marxist rebellion. Momentum have added their support. So while deniers have one corrupt agenda protestors have another. Nothing is ever as it seems. Either way we are being sold a pup.
I disagree.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 12:30 PM

I agree.

Although at the same time we do need to take measures where we can , and generally speaking we do.

Watching PMQ's at the moment... not a mention of climate change or anything related from any of the leaders who met with Greta. Must be yesterday's news.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've just spent the last hour observing some of the busiest shipping lanes in the world Puddle Duck, the P&O ship Ventura is visiting the Canaries and Britannia is touring the Fjords. The Azura is returning from the Netherlands and it will be taking me to the Fjords in just four weeks time....

The speed and position of every ship is remarkable, but one thing stands out; It is so difficult to find cruise ships when fishing, cargo and tankers outnumber them about fifty to one. Even if if you took out all of the cruise ships I doubt it would make a scrap of difference to the climate, and as you have pointed out, the distance between them is huge. I repeat what I wrote earlier, the 'Eco Warriors' have no comprehension about the size of the planet....
If you zoom right in, you CAN see the 'asylum seekers' on their boats. They are disguised as giant turtles.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 12:32 PM

I agree. Anything Momentum backs is for their own publicity, not for the good of the Country or the planet.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
There's a minimum size limit on boats that have to be equipped with an AIS transponder.
Not a fan of sarcasm then I see.

Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top