Join for free
Page 86 of 276 « First < 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 > Last »
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 03:22 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Good news Ffosse. Good that you didn't have to attend one of their assessments, they are quite an ordeal.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Just got a letter from the DWP/PIP people. I've been awarded the standard rate for both the daily living and mobility components. I'm rather pleased - that will cover my taxi fares and more.

I didn't realise that it was paid every 4 weeks and not fortnightly. I got it backdated from the end of April so quite a nice sum. Got quite a pleasant shock when I checked my balance on my phone

Money isn't everything but it does help.
That’s good news Ffosse, it should be a big help to you now.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 03:26 PM

Went to bed very late for me - 12:00 and awoke quite early at 7:30.

I've nothing on today apart from my Tesco delivery between 1 and 2. Tomorrow my CT scan is at an odd time - 4:30. I think I prefer appointments earlier in the day.
I’ve had my chemo again today. I’m now on what they call ‘maintenance’ so a shorter session by 9O minutes which was good. I still don’t feel brilliant though and I’ve now got no steroids to give me a boost!

My CT scan is latish too Ffosse, around 3.30, but I have to be there an hour before to drink a litre of water with iodine. The trouble with late appointments is that there is more chance of them being behind time.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 03:28 PM

Just got a letter from the DWP/PIP people. I've been awarded the standard rate for both the daily living and mobility components. I'm rather pleased - that will cover my taxi fares and more.

I didn't realise that it was paid every 4 weeks and not fortnightly. I got it backdated from the middle of April which is when I first contacted them and no face to face assessment but they had letters from my Consultant and G.P. so that must have helped them make up their mind. Quite a nice sum. Got a pleasant shock when I checked my balance on my phone

Money isn't everything but it does help. That's £319.80 every 4 weeks.
That is brilliant Ffosse, a big help for you!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I’ve had my chemo again today. I’m now on what they call ‘maintenance’ so a shorter session by 9O minutes which was good. I still don’t feel brilliant though and I’ve now got no steroids to give me a boost!

My CT scan is latish too Ffosse, around 3.30, but I have to be there an hour before to drink a litre of water with iodine. The trouble with late appointments is that there is more chance of them being behind time.
I’m glad your session is over for the day Val, i hope you’ll be feeling better soon.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 03:37 PM

Glad your chemo is over for now. I didn't get anything saying that I had to arrive early tomorrow but I suppose I'll have to drink that litre of water again. Perhaps the CT people work 'til around 7, I don't know.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 07:43 PM

I didn't realise that it was paid every 4 weeks and not fortnightly. I got it backdated from the middle of April which is when I first contacted them and no face to face assessment, just the form, but they had letters from my Consultant and G.P. so that must have helped them make up their mind. Quite a nice sum. Got a pleasant shock when I checked my balance on my phone

Money isn't everything but it does help. That's £319.80 every 4 weeks. And I can stop feeling resentful about all those taxis.
That is good news Dreamy. I just knew you would get it.

Sorry, you down Val, but that is over now. I hope your scan is on time.
Val J
East Yorkshire

16-05-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I’m glad your session is over for the day Val, i hope you’ll be feeling better soon.
Thanks Mags, it’s the first cycle of my maintenance so I’ll see what tomorrow brings. I have always relied on three days on steroids for a boost but none given this time!
Val J
East Yorkshire

16-05-2018, 09:10 PM

Glad your chemo is over for now. I didn't get anything saying that I had to arrive early tomorrow but I suppose I'll have to drink that litre of water again. Perhaps the CT people work 'til around 7, I don't know.
It was in the appointment letter they sent me Ffosse, to arrive an hour earlier than appointment. I can’t remember what else it said but possibly not to eat for so many hours before appointment, must take another look. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.
Val J
East Yorkshire

16-05-2018, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
That is good news Dreamy. I just knew you would get it.

Sorry, you down Val, but that is over now. I hope your scan is on time.
Thanks Sweetie, chemo day is always the worst day of the fortnightly cycle. I did enjoy my fish and chip supper though, chemo day treat for being a brave girl lol!

Page 86 of 276 « First < 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top