Join for free
Page 36 of 276 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:23 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Whatsapp is invasive and drained my phone battery, as did FB. I deleted both and don't have to charge so often. The really alarming event that led me to delete facebook from the phone was when someone on my friends list phoned me via messenger! I didn't know that was possible. People who you have not given your phone number to can call you. I think you can turn this off on some phones but not on my model.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 05:27 AM

Hi, Ffosse, though I know you can't be happy about having the procedure still looming, I feel better knowing that you didn't have to make a challenging trip to the hospital today. That gives you several days to rest up, eat well, and go in fighting. Enjoy sleeping in!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 08:29 AM

I slept well last night, and you're right - I don't have to attend hospital until my heart echo on Monday. Chemo starts again on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Whatsapp is invasive and drained my phone battery, as did FB. I deleted both and don't have to charge so often. The really alarming event that led me to delete facebook from the phone was when someone on my friends list phoned me via messenger! I didn't know that was possible. People who you have not given your phone number to can call you. I think you can turn this off on some phones but not on my model.
Whatsapp and especially Facebook destroy a phone's battery as well as being too invasive (which you found out).
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Whatsapp and especially Facebook destroy a phone's battery as well as being too invasive (which you found out).
By the way did you delete your whatsapp account online? If you don't people will keep trying to send you messages as you'll be on their list.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

02-03-2018, 12:24 PM

No, I'll give that a go right now. What got me the other week after setting up a phone with a new SIM card was immediately getting, "We hear you've been in an accident" calls. They must trawl for new activations.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-03-2018, 04:11 PM

I had to reinstall whatsapp on my phone to view the messages id missed. After that i deleted the account. People message and then think they are being ignored!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

02-03-2018, 04:42 PM

2 of my appointments have been merged into 1 hospital visit on Monday which is good news.

I get my ECG Echo done first, then go straight into another building and get my bone marrow done. This simplifies things greatly for me; chemo then starts on Tuesday.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-03-2018, 05:34 PM

That's great news. They probably want it all done so they don't make you feel worse when you have chemo.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
2 of my appointments have been merged into 1 hospital visit on Monday which is good news.

I get my ECG Echo done first, then go straight into another building and get my bone marrow done. This simplifies things greatly for me; chemo then starts on Tuesday.
That is good Dreamy. Sorry, I mentioned the phone apps now, I ONLY use these under a false name for friends, NEVER use Facebook, only messenger. Same with Whatsapp. Never had a problem.
Anyway, I am still here for you.

Page 36 of 276 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top