Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 05:59 PM

Re: A complete Climb Down.

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
This was always going to be the trouble

Govenments of any colour never agree with each other

At the present time there is no proper oposision as they dare not say what they think in case of "Upsetting the voters" of whom nearly 50% did not want this outcome

When I say I would not pay civil servants in washers its because they have no sence of money they never have to make a profit they get paid wether or not I do not like that they can't think for them selves but as I also said I put MP's in the same box and would not trust them as far as I could chuck them most of them are total W****** and only out to feather their own nest I would not pay them one penny
Hi

So you would not pay your Enforcement Officers, GCHQ, MI5, MI6 , Portion Down or any of the others you have never even heard of who keep you safe.

The scientists who go abroad to dumps like the Ukraine to stop the Pollock's getting there hands on the nasty stuff.

It is not all about profits.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I guess we always knew it would become a farce...
I guess we did, if it doesn't happen I won't vote again.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 07:47 PM

It certainly seems as though Mrs Maybe is back-tracking on the transition date, but I still vainly hang on in there in eternal hope, I'm sure I heard today that the reason she has said what she said was because of the EU statement that they want a transition period of 18 months rather than the "around 2 years" that Mrs Maybe said? The EU know full well we cannot get done what needs to be done in just 18 months!! She has also said that she will inform everyone within a month, the exact date we will be leaving after the transition period.

I am slowly losing the will to live over Brexit.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
It certainly seems as though Mrs Maybe is back-tracking on the transition date, but I still vainly hang on in there in eternal hope, I'm sure I heard today that the reason she has said what she said was because of the EU statement that they want a transition period of 18 months rather than the "around 2 years" that Mrs Maybe said? The EU know full well we cannot get done what needs to be done in just 18 months!! She has also said that she will inform everyone within a month, the exact date we will be leaving after the transition period.

Hi
We knew we could not get it done but we still sent in the Article 50 letter in spite of that, giving us 2 years to sort it

We also said no deal is better than a bad deal.

The EU said fine,if that is how you want to play it, we will oblige.

We then went back and asked for a Transition Period, which they are not obliged to give.

If you want one,you will pay.

We then whinged, they said tough.

We gave in and paid up.

We are now asking for an unlimited Transition Period and they are saying get stuffed unless you pay us even more

It amazes me people are thinking the Government are doing a good job
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

I don't blame the PM for this because people should blame Cameron. It was clear to me that this shambles would arise because as I said before the vote to my Brexit voting close friends - "there is no plan". I predict that Brexit will take about 8-10 years to sort out. If we are lucky make it 5, but with the best will in the world we will never be fully disentangled from the EU.

So I'm sorry if I am against the grain but all I saw was the cost of a lengthy, messy disentanglement. I just see money and opportunity wasted when we could have gone in and shaken up the EU instead and made it into our baby. Changed the rules to suit us, changed our systems to suit what the electorate wanted. We had the power to do that.

I just hope more than anything that this does not bring the government down. The worst thing in the world would be a corbyn led government. I am not a tory but I am no corbynista. I think we should thank May for keeping the government together against the odds.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 07:21 AM

That is not the reality, Annie, as you well know.

We were never able to influence the EU to suit our own agenda. The other 27 outvoted UK proposals and amendments on literally hundreds of occasions.......possibly Thousands!
If nothing else, this period of so-called negotiation has shown you the true nature of the intransigence and future intentions of the EU Empire. ( Ask the Greeks about the EU's methods!)

If you still don't know their true nature then you are truly blinkered.
The only way we can set our own agenda is outwith this monstrous, undemocratic, self serving, inward looking political Franco/German vanity project.

I do agree with you that we should blame ( not that 'blame' helps us at all) Cameron and back May.

In fairness to her, she has done well to last this long and changing the Govt now would only aid the EU.
Verhofstadt knows this and that's why he admitted on the Andrew Marr show that he is negotiating in a way that he hopes will cause political turmoil in the UK that will lead to a change of Gov't and a new referendum. He is actively attempting to subvert the express democratic will of the UK electorate.
That should scare the sh*t out of you and if it doesn't you need to re evaluate your morals.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
We knew we could not get it done but we still sent in the Article 50 letter in spite of that, giving us 2 years to sort it

We also said no deal is better than a bad deal.

The EU said fine,if that is how you want to play it, we will oblige.

We then went back and asked for a Transition Period, which they are not obliged to give.

If you want one,you will pay.

We then whinged, they said tough.

We gave in and paid up.

We are now asking for an unlimited Transition Period and they are saying get stuffed unless you pay us even more

It amazes me people are thinking the Government are doing a good job
They have nothing to work with, Brexit always meant we'd be in a vulnerable position and the bravado about having our cake and eat it, no deal is better than a bad deal etc didn't help.

When Brexit is a complete disaster it will be the fault of those who voted for Brexit, something that could never be made a success of, not the unfortunates landed with negotiating it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
That is not the reality, Annie, as you well know.

We were never able to influence the EU to suit our own agenda. The other 27 outvoted UK proposals and amendments on literally hundreds of occasions.......possibly Thousands!
If nothing else, this period of so-called negotiation has shown you the true nature of the intransigence and future intentions of the EU Empire. ( Ask the Greeks about the EU's methods!)

If you still don't know their true nature then you are truly blinkered.
The only way we can set our own agenda is outwith this monstrous, undemocratic, self serving, inward looking political Franco/German vanity project.

I do agree with you that we should blame ( not that 'blame' helps us at all) Cameron and back May.

In fairness to her, she has done well to last this long and changing the Govt now would only aid the EU.
Verhofstadt knows this and that's why he admitted on the Andrew Marr show that he is negotiating in a way that he hopes will cause political turmoil in the UK that will lead to a change of Gov't and a new referendum. He is actively attempting to subvert the express democratic will of the UK electorate.
That should scare the sh*t out of you and if it doesn't you need to re evaluate your morals.
Completely agree Moscow. And seeing that interview opened my eyes wide, I thought I was being paranoid prior to it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 07:28 PM

Of course we should have done it within days of the referendum. All it would take is for those responsible to get off their backsides and get the deals done a lot quicker. Absolutely no reason or excuses why not.
All these "so called" issues would not have happened , they are just delaying tactics .

When a war occures do countries discuss it for years beforehand? no

Brexit is like having a war with those on the other side of the channel,. we should not have given them a chance to put obstructions in place.

You would be surprised how quickly everything would have been sorted out. Now it is politicians that are the problem
Pacefast
New Member!
London U.K.
Pacefast is male 

23-02-2018, 09:07 PM

The EU will be driven by plugging the gap of the missing financial contributions of the U.K

They really are not interested in a clean break divorce where there are no ongoing payments and where the U.K can cherry pick what it wants from the EU markets

Hence May is living in la la land if she thinks they would accept her three basket principals

It is pretty obvious that they will kick the problem
Down the road until a time they are dealing with Corbyn

All they have to do is nothing as the Conservatives will self destruct and divide over Europe as they always have done

That is now happening and they don’t have a majority to infight

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8225906.html

With Labour now backing a CU and the left of the Conservatives under Soubry the same it’s pretty obvious where this shambles is heading

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...eresa-may-tory

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top