Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:33 PM

Re: Amazon Prime

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I was listening to an item on the radio where people were complaining that they had paid for Amazon Prime but hadn't received a next day delivery .

Amazon when questioned about it said Signing up to Prime does not mean when you order goods they will automatically arrive the next day, what it does mean is you will receive them a day after they are dispatched
I wonder how many people who sign up to Prime are aware of that.
I have Prime and I don't get next day or same day delivery due to the fact they have to come by plane

When Im looking to buy something, its often worth looking at the same item not on prime as often it has the same delivery date and can be cheaper
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I have Prime and I don't get next day or same day delivery due to the fact they have to come by plane

When Im looking to buy something, its often worth looking at the same item not on prime as often it has the same delivery date and can be cheaper
Missy I look at the same item from other companies and often find it cheaper than Amazon (I don't have Prime) .
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:43 PM

Missy I look at the same item from other companies and often find it cheaper than Amazon (I don't have Prime) .
Totally agree Meg

For us here in NI we have a huge problem with online stores charging ridiculous amounts to post to us and some won't post full stop

We wanted to buy an item from Argos. Only Argos carried this particular item, they refused to post to us. We had to have it delivered to a friend in London and then arrange for parcel force to pick up and deliver to us.The big joke was that Argos used Parcel Force to get the item to said friend in London

Theres a very good online shop selling Indian herbs and spices at very very good prices. I put a few items in my basket, went to check out what was about £12 worth of spices, couldn't have weighed more then a kilo and deliver was £14

Big pet food supplier want £25 delivery

And so it goes on.

Amazon don't rip us off with delivery
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Totally agree Meg

For us here in NI we have a huge problem with online stores charging ridiculous amounts to post to us and some won't post full stop

We wanted to buy an item from Argos. Only Argos carried this particular item, they refused to post to us. We had to have it delivered to a friend in London and then arrange for parcel force to pick up and deliver to us.The big joke was that Argos used Parcel Force to get the item to said friend in London

Theres a very good online shop selling Indian herbs and spices at very very good prices. I put a few items in my basket, went to check out what was about £12 worth of spices, couldn't have weighed more then a kilo and deliver was £14

Big pet food supplier want £25 delivery

And so it goes on.

Amazon don't rip us off with delivery
That seems very unfair Missy when you are in the UK .

I have bought quite a lot of things from a company in Belfast (Bedeck in their sales ) and they arrive faster with cheaper postage than many on the main land .
Mel15
Nowhere

16-08-2018, 07:01 PM

That seems very unfair Missy when you are in the UK .

I have bought quite a lot of things from a company in Belfast (Bedeck in their sales ) and they arrive faster with cheaper postage than many on the main land .
I do my utmost to buy local, we ( as in businesses in NI) don't as we say "put the arm in" , we charge what the market demands

And service is the byword here. Such a tiny country, everyone knows everyone, you get a bad reputation and you are gone
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 07:10 PM

I was listening to an item on the radio where people were complaining that they had paid for Amazon Prime but hadn't received a next day delivery which they though the service offered.

Amazon when questioned about it said 'Signing up to Prime does not mean when you order goods they will automatically arrive the next day, what it means is you should receive them a day after they are dispatched'
I wonder how many people who sign up to Prime are aware of that.
Most people if they took the trouble to read the T&Cs. Also, some firms don't deliver via Amazon, they dispatch and post the items directly themselves.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top