Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 12:17 PM

Re: How far North/South have you travelled?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Penguins actually - Polar bears are confined to the Arctic region
And London Zoo.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
N & S ... probably Montreal and Sydney.... big cities.

I've been to Cornwall and the highlands of Scotland (now that's a place that gives that warming middle-of-nowhere feeling).
I grew up on a hill farm on the slopes of the Grampians in Scotland. The nearest town was Kirriemuir, population nearly 4,000, and six miles away. I used to go to school there - by cycle. Very hilly.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Penguins actually - Polar bears are confined to the Arctic region
And where there are penguins there will be something else wanting to eat them ( or us ) probaby an orca will probaby pop up and gobble you up
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 09:06 PM

To my huge regret now. I never ever left Europe! The furthest south I’ve travelled is to Naples.

The furthest north would be Inverness, 10 years ago. After visiting the shores of Loch Ness to scatter some one my late wife’s ashes in the loch on her birthday. This was one of her last requests as she never got to visit the loch.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Interesting reading all your answers. Come on, someone must have been to the Antarctic.
Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have flown over it from New Zealand to Argentina over the South Pole .
Looks cold brrrr!
I'm impressed. Actually I love the idea of spending time in such a barren landscape.
Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's full of hungry Polar Bears !
Sorry, no polar bears in Antarctica. Polar bears are exclusively a northern bear.

Furthest north= Alaska
Furthest south = Indonesia
Furthest east-west= clear away around the planet.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:38 PM

My cousins 13yo daughter recently went on a school trip.
To, of all places, Shanghai!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
To my huge regret now. I never ever left Europe! The furthest south I’ve travelled is to Naples.

The furthest north would be Inverness, 10 years ago. After visiting the shores of Loch Ness to scatter some one my late wife’s ashes in the loch on her birthday. This was one of her last requests as she never got to visit the loch.
What a shame she never got to visit the Loch, such a beautiful place.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 06:19 PM

What a shame she never got to visit the Loch, such a beautiful place.
I agree. Scotland has some of the most beautiful places in the world - but I would say that............
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-08-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I agree. Scotland has some of the most beautiful places in the world - but I would say that............
I think you are right. I feel sorry for people that have not seen the Lochs, Glencoe or Skye. I think a holiday in the Highlands should be made compulsory.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 01:45 PM

Don't know the latitudes,but to the south Cuba, Mexico and Cape Verde and to the north, Edinburgh.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top