Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 03:44 PM

Re: Dangerous cycling law.

This is true, when I started doing a bit of long distance walking, it got boring doing a circular walk from home, so, I took to pushing my bike whilst walking ten miles or so, then I would ride home. Of course, on the outward journey, I rode the bike till I had cleared the neighbourhood.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Doesn't go far enough, there should be an explicit law banning cyclists from riding on the pavement, with even heavier fines when caught doing so. Cyclists need to be 'registered' and insured, so that anyone injured by a 'careless' cyclist can (a) report them, (b) claim compensation if injured by a 'careless' cyclist. just like any other road user.
It's very rare that I agree with you, Joe, but here I absolutely do and have been saying for years that these measures should be brought in.

Our authorities are notorious (and yes, that includes your SNP) for not doing anything until it's too late, so I expect it will take a few more pedestrian fatalities before anything will be done, and even then they are likely to be half measures.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->

Brilliant compilation fender. I enjoyed that.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top