Join for free
Page 9 of 28 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 01:19 PM

Re: Had enough of the UK

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
not at all ; not at all; I have heard many voices of dissent on here about the success/non-success of multiculturalism and about returning UK to its former glory and national pride - there are several political groups within UK who have and do express this view - ignoring it is like burying ya head in the wollongong sand - this man although perhaps a tad extreme in his views is nevertheless expressing the views of an increasing minority/majority in OZ and UK and of course the EU.

What some people are saying is "multiculturalism doesn't work?
So basically because other people make stupid off topic remarks in this thread you feel the need to follow in their footsteps do you?

You compound this ovine behaviour by quoting a person so totally out of touch with political reality that even Pauline Hanson, who once wore a burqa on the floor of the Senate as a stunt, called his speech "appalling". Astounding!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
not at all ; not at all; I have heard many voices of dissent on here about the success/non-success of multiculturalism and about returning UK to its former glory and national pride - there are several political groups within UK who have and do express this view - ignoring it is like burying ya head in the wollongong sand - this man although perhaps a tad extreme in his views is nevertheless expressing the views of an increasing minority/majority in OZ and UK and of course the EU.

What some people are saying is "multiculturalism doesn't work?
To be fair Gummy, muliticuturalism is just another made up word that doesn't mean very much. Here in the UK we have had people from different cultures for many years & they have never been a problem!

As soon as another silly word " racism" was used in law, people started to recognize that they could claim "racism" as the reason they didn't get a house , or a job or good service at a restaurant... and used it to claim unfair treatment. The word has now become a derogatory word to most...so all British political parties go out of their way to demonstrate that they are not racist.

It didn't matter to most people till Isis threatened to fill Europe with Muslim "refugees" ( most of whom were economic migrants from North Africa). It was an intentional act, to make sure there were many Muslims in Europe, to create a Caliphate.
Of course there are some decent Muslim people who come here to be part of British life ,but when we had millions of them trying to get into Europe illegally ( some of whom proved to be terrorist). That is when multiculturalism became a dirty word here, and there is a strong belief that terrorist leaders & radical Muslim's will still try to make Europe their Caliphate.
British people do not want Sharia law to be practiced here, and anyway much of it is against British law. That is why most of us will not welcome radical Muslims to Britain , so can put us under the heading of "anti-multiculturalism", if they wish!
I don't care whether we are multicultural or not, I just want Britain to be a safe place for decent people to live!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 02:37 PM

No fighting amongst the Expats thank you.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 03:39 PM

So basically because other people make stupid off topic remarks in this thread you feel the need to follow in their footsteps do you?
to whom do you specifically refer brucie?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Well,

I've had enough now.
This country must be the laughing stock of the world and it will only get worse with the pc pandering nonsense and balless leaders.

We have decided that we won't be retiring in the UK.

The wife is Slovak, we may go there or possibly Hungary.
Two countries who at least are proud of their culture / heritage and refuse to accept any cobblers from the EU / Islam, or economic migrants.

The Government have finally managed to beat out of me the last bit of patriotism I had left.
We do not want to be in this country any more. It won't happen for a few years yet, but we are off!!
I envy you. Watched this and came to same conclusion.

https://www.rt.com/news/430995-szijj...iew-migration/
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
I envy you. Watched this and came to same conclusion.

https://www.rt.com/news/430995-szijj...iew-migration/
It's surprising Cinders, just how many people agree with Hungary's stance, along with some other Eastern European countries.
They are not prepared to have their culture diluted, or appease minorities. I think they're quite right.
Trouble is, we had multiculturalism forced down our throats and are constantly TOLD how great it is.

In Slovakia for example, there are no Mosques. They will not allow them to be built.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 11:51 PM

thank you fender thank you - when I introduce one of our new pollies here making his maiden speech about the same thing I get balled out? play the ball not the man comes to mind!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 05:54 PM

Yes why don't you ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
It's surprising Cinders, just how many people agree with Hungary's stance, along with some other Eastern European countries.
They are not prepared to have their culture diluted, or appease minorities. I think they're quite right.
Trouble is, we had multiculturalism forced down our throats and are constantly TOLD how great it is.

In Slovakia for example, there are no Mosques. They will not allow them to be built.

Interesting how East Europe used to be far more repressed than the West. I can foresee the situation being reversed in the not too distant future.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

26-08-2018, 12:33 PM

I suppose a simple question might be: "is the world ready for multicultural communities all over or prefer to retain their own national identities??"

Page 9 of 28 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top