Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 01:59 PM

Casualty - special show

Did anyone watch this last night? It was done in one continual shot with one camera.

Reading viewers' posts on ED, a lot agree with me. It was rubbish! OTT acting by several regular cast members (Duffy - she made me cringe - and paramedic Jez), and I thought it was too frantic. The script was dire. There were three members of a band waiting to be seen, and a seated boy just kept tapping at something. Eventually acting receptionist Louise broke his sticks. At another time someone was singing 'When the saints go marching in'.

It was all too much for my poor brain and eyes to deal with, so I put it to mute. There are three weeks before the new series begins, and there wasn't even a cliff hanger.

So, as I put on the ED thread on FB, 'Casualty, this was not of your usual high calibre.'
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 02:57 PM

Re: Casualty - special show

I haven't watched Casualty in donkey's years, and never have seen Holby city. I find Saturday night television to be absolutely dire, having no interest in soaps or so-called talent type shows. So no TV for me on Saturdays.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Did anyone watch this last night? It was done in one continual shot with one camera.

Reading viewers' posts on ED, a lot agree with me. It was rubbish! OTT acting by several regular cast members (Duffy - she made me cringe - and paramedic Jez), and I thought it was too frantic. The script was dire. There were three members of a band waiting to be seen, and a seated boy just kept tapping at something. Eventually acting receptionist Louise broke his sticks. At another time someone was singing 'When the saints go marching in'.

It was all too much for my poor brain and eyes to deal with, so I put it to mute. There are three weeks before the new series begins, and there wasn't even a cliff hanger.

So, as I put on the ED thread on FB, 'Casualty, this was not of your usual high calibre.'
I was disappointed too Jazzi. It was a bit like being in a busy hospital with no good storyline.... I could go to my A&E to see that!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 03:06 PM

I watched it and thought it was very poor and far too rushed. Duffy appeared to have too much to cope with and overacted her part. It all looked a complete muddle from start to finish.

Bring back the proper Casualty
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 03:14 PM

I wondered what was going on...

I didnt realise this was suppose to be something special..
Agreed the story was dire and the acting matched it .. way below standard.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I haven't watched Casualty in donkey's years, and never have seen Holby city. I find Saturday night television to be absolutely dire, having no interest in soaps or so-called talent type shows. So no TV for me on Saturdays.
I have to agree with that. We normally end up watching DVDs.

I thought the idea of filming with one continuous shot was very brave but it sounds as though it didn't quite work out for the best.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I was disappointed too Jazzi. It was a bit like being in a busy hospital with no good storyline.... I could go to my A&E to see that!
How true!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 08:23 AM

Duffys back, WOO HOO
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 09:50 AM

I was feeling a bit nauseous anyway but the camera angles and swinging was too much I gave up about half way through.

When emmerdale did the hand held camera episode that made me queasy too it's like being on a ship another thing makes me queasy.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top