Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 10:00 PM

Re: New Tumble Dryer?

You could try a dry soon, a heated airier with a cover, leave on overnight or if you prefer through the day, much cheaper than a tumble dryer, available from Lakeland
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
You could try a dry soon, a heated airier with a cover, leave on overnight or if you prefer through the day, much cheaper than a tumble dryer, available from Lakeland
It is all relative
When my old combi water boiler in the upstairs airing cupboard broke down, I was told they were no longer made and to install a new Ideal Gas Central Heating system in the kitchen.
This old boiler in a cupboard with four rails used to bone dry sheets, towels, woollens, overnight.
I replaced it with a Electrically heated airer with cover.
Even after 20 hours [not at night] the clothes are still slightly damp and have to be hung on hangers round the house to dry
A Tumble Dryer average cost is 35p per hour and the clothes and sheets etc are bone dry for a whole load of washing in one hour or less. The heated airer cost 4./5 p. per hour @20 hours = 80p and they come out damp.
False economy!

Luckily I do have a Clothes Line outside used in the summer or windy days.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I'd like to get a condensing tumble dryer

Any comments or advice, please?

My son has one...they are great...especially if you are a busy professional,or have a large family.

I used to have one..I miss it terribly ...I am thinking about getting another one...I used to keep it in the shed...but it had to be pulled down.

So I am now thinking about getting a handyman,to box under the stairs in...then I could house it in there.

The water from the condenser ,can be used in the iron...

There is no faffing about with a condenser either.

Maybe a Bosch..hot point.do some reviews on different makes.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top