Join for free
Page 17 of 18 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 >
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 04:44 PM

Re: Rugby World Cup...

you obviously haven't read the article properly......I'll give you the gist of it it's simply to show why the other countries have no time for English rugby when a person like woodward can spout this tripe.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 06:38 PM

***** Bickering and off topic posts have been removed
Please do not make personal comments.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 06:52 PM

For heavens sake, why can't all you rugby supporters behave like men and accept that there is a loser in every game?

I have been a rugby supporter for more than 45 years & have met a few top players. I even looked after Lawrence Dallaglio's mum when she came to our club to watch a match.

In all that time i have never met a good player who didn't have the grace to admit that they were beaten by a better team on the day! Rugby supporters don't argue about who should have won, they just make sure that next time they win......and that is why there is never the nasty violence from supporters, like you see after Football matches!

Come on lads, there is no best team, there is just the team that played best on the day & I would support any UK team.

When Jonah Lomu played for the All Blacks, I have been know to support them when they played a great match!
Isa49
New Zealand
Isa49 is female  Isa49 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
For heavens sake, why can't all you rugby supporters behave like men and accept that there is a loser in every game?

I have been a rugby supporter for more than 45 years & have met a few top players. I even looked after Lawrence Dallaglio's mum when she came to our club to watch a match.

In all that time i have never met a good player who didn't have the grace to admit that they were beaten by a better team on the day! Rugby supporters don't argue about who should have won, they just make sure that next time they win......and that is why there is never the nasty violence from supporters, like you see after Football matches!

Come on lads, there is no best team, there is just the team that played best on the day & I would support any UK team.

When Jonah Lomu played for the All Blacks, I have been know to support them when they played a great match!
Well said. I must say I was extremely dissapointed to say the least, England removing or 'hiding' their runner-up medals, where was their sportsmanship,or lack of
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:20 PM

They say to be a winner you have to be a bad loser.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:23 PM

In the absence of the All Blacks in the final, I was hoping for an England win but I was very disappointed at the medal ceremony at all the grumpy faces and the treatment of the officials handing out the medals. Sure, to lose is a big blow but acknowledge the winners and accept gracefully, please.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
No one knows how to sulk like the English,some took their medals off or refused to wear them.
That's hardly an English trait.

I suggest they were unhappy with their own performance......as any competitor would be having lost in a final.

When did that become a National trait?

Only an utter cock would call that out as a national trait.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 08:05 AM

They did well to get to the final....there is always next time....well played South Africa
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
That's hardly an English trait.

I suggest they were unhappy with their own performance......as any competitor would be having lost in a final.

When did that become a National trait?

Only an utter cock would call that out as a national trait.

I agree .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Isa49 ->
Well said. I must say I was extremely dissapointed to say the least, England removing or 'hiding' their runner-up medals, where was their sportsmanship,or lack of
I would like to think that Eddie Jones had a few harsh words to say about that, but probably in the dressing room!

Page 17 of 18 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top