Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 06:02 PM

Re: What about this then Solasch?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I keep saying we need a sarcasm emoticon Floydy. JBR agrees too.
This is the nearest one I think:

And for real sledgehammer insults, use this:
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. We are not unaccustomed to riots in this country, but I am of the firm belief that if Brexit is stopped by the anti-democrats the riots will exceed anything else seen before.
If they don't then they certainly should.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sadly I agree with you and what is really worrying me at the moment is going forward if we do leave will the remainers actively work to make us as a country fail ? they seem to think they have the right to do anything they want at this point.
I doubt it.

We need to consider who the remoaners are.

Remoaner politicians - they can do little, certainly after the next GE.

Berko - he surely can't hang on for ever and, once we are out, he can only disrupt Parliament, which can't be any worse than it is right now.

Students - what can they do? Go on strike?

Trots and Commies - they can rant and rave, but not much else. That's all they do anyway.

Anti-Brexit businessmen - they can relocate what's left of their businesses in the UK to EU countries. I think they're mostly doing that right now anyway.

And lastly,
The Supreme Court - they can try to create new laws to benefit themselves, just as they did recently. Personally, I think they are likely to be disestablished once we have a proper government.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I keep saying we need a sarcasm emoticon Floydy. JBR agrees too.
Yes, as a regular user of that highest form of humour, I would certainly make use of such a thing.

I think a problem I have is that some people are not sure when I'm being sarcastic or serious.

There is this one, of course:
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 08:41 PM

Yes, as a regular user of that highest form of humour, I would certainly make use of such a thing.

I think a problem I have is that some people are not sure when I'm being sarcastic or serious.

There is this one, of course:
I agree with you JB, I love sarcasm it's class, and I think I know the members that appreciate and use it.....but I sometimes get confused.......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-10-2019, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I agree with you JB, I love sarcasm it's class, and I think I know the members that appreciate and use it.....but I sometimes get confused.......
I find the ones who are most likely not to recognise sarcasm are the ones devoid of any humour!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 11:15 PM

I find the ones who are most likely not to recognise sarcasm are the ones devoid of any humour!
They usually occupy these threads
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You won't find this on the BBC News....

https://twitter.com/i/status/11789783480860

I don't know if everybody can see this on twitter so here's the gist....

I had so hoped you wouldn't see this. I hadn't brought it up because there are similarities with your brexit. See if you spot the similarities.

Our government initiated research into the relative contributions of several actors on air pollution in the form of nitrous gasses.
One of these actors turned out to be automobiles, and the maximum speed allowed. An election promise of our conservative party, which won on that promise, was that the maximum speed would increase from 120 km/h to 130 km/h. That was realised.
The research showed that on a highway through a nature reserve 130 km was allowed. Tumult ensued.
During that tumult someone said, look at those farmers! Their contribution, close to that nature reserve is significant. All farmers in the netherlands need to reduce the number of animals to 50% (cow, pjgs, chickens, no exceptions). Pandemonium ensued, and farmers on tractors took to parliament.

The minister responsible for agriculture came and promised: during my watch ( still 2 years to go) there will be no reduction by half. The victorious farmers returned home.

During the evening a clever journalist had found out that the present policy, initiated by the predecessor, is not to reduce the number of animals before 2024.

The farmers fought for something they already had. But public attention is deflected from the maximum speed. You see any parallel with brexit?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I had so hoped you wouldn't see this. I hadn't brought it up because there are similarities with your brexit. See if you spot the similarities.

Our government initiated research into the relative contributions of several actors on air pollution in the form of nitrous gasses.
One of these actors turned out to be automobiles, and the maximum speed allowed. An election promise of our conservative party, which won on that promise, was that the maximum speed would increase from 120 km/h to 130 km/h. That was realised.
The research showed that on a highway through a nature reserve 130 km was allowed. Tumult ensued.
During that tumult someone said, look at those farmers! Their contribution, close to that nature reserve is significant. All farmers in the netherlands need to reduce the number of animals to 50% (cow, pjgs, chickens, no exceptions). Pandemonium ensued, and farmers on tractors took to parliament.

The minister responsible for agriculture came and promised: during my watch ( still 2 years to go) there will be no reduction by half. The victorious farmers returned home.

During the evening a clever journalist had found out that the present policy, initiated by the predecessor, is not to reduce the number of animals before 2024.

The farmers fought for something they already had. But public attention is deflected from the maximum speed. You see any parallel with brexit?
Thanks for your reply Solasch, and there was no need to apologise on the other thread...

I think what happened in Holland is called a 'False Flag Event' where the attention of the public is drawn away, mainly by the media, from a controversial event that has been overshadowed by something quite different and less important. the original law or bill sails through parliament un-noticed until it's too late.

Do you think Brexit is only a distraction Solasch while something more unpleasant is been mooted? I can't think what could be more important than casting off the shackles of the EU though...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top