Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 03:26 PM

Re: GE date settled

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Totally agree that Corbyn will be a disaster.

This is from someone who learnt his Politics from Harold Wilson.

I am left of Centre, but in no way a Terrorist supporting Marxist.

I simply cannot vote for my Conservative MP, his votes are all over the place, simply designed to keep him in a job.

A self serving prat who thinks only of himself.
Better to have anyone other than Corbyn and Momento in office. Even a self serving prat.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well I've just laid a bet that I really hope to lose.

I've bet on Corbyn to win even if in coalition. I got 5 to 4. I very rarely bet, it's a mugs game, but it follows a fairly heated conversation at The Lodge a few weeks ago and on this occasion I really think it's worth a punt.

Unfortunately.
At the risk of being "self serving", I have to admit that i'm looking closely at the price of Euros versus pounds.

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
At the risk of being "self serving", I have to admit that i'm looking closely at the price of Euros versus pounds.

I'll soon be buying more gold.

What a lot of people are unaware of is that rather than buy the yellow stuff and hide it one can buy into gold EFT's (exchange traded funds)

It's something that some folk might be interested in. Google it, it's not that difficult to do, it does carry some level of risk, but the returns can be very good indeed especially at times of economic churn such as BREXIT will result in.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top