Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 10:49 PM

Re: Aldi or Lidl

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am such a snob that whenever l have gone in either Lidl or Aldi. (My daughter liked their Gormet Sea Salt Crackers) l didn’t get a basket and just wondered around pretending I didn’t know where anything was, in case they thought l was a regular shopper there.

In the car park, l put the hood up on my coat, in case anybody l knew was passing and saw me in there!

I am going to get slaughtered here!
didn't work lady, I SAW YA but I pretended I hadn't, didn't want anyone to know I had such a snob for a mate
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
didn't work lady, I SAW YA but I pretended I hadn't, didn't want anyone to know I had such a snob for a mate
I sometimes shop in Asda and l don’t mind them. Lately, I shop mainly in Waitrose, Morrison’s and Marks and Spencer’s.... their frozen 6 Scottish Breaded Or Battered Haddock are lovely.

I occasionally shop in Sainsbury’s, Tesco’s and Iceland.

LQ, Just call me Hyacinth (Bouquet)
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 10:57 PM

The car parks of both here are usually full of expensive cars, presumeably Art doesn't want to be seen in her Trabant.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 10:58 PM

Iceland! now we're talking downmarket. Only joking Art.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 11:00 PM

Neither. Now they want to build an Aldi on our car park, why I don't know, we already have Co-op's 2, Tesco's 2 & a Mcolls. All in walking distance of my house, should I feel energetic enough to walk to any. Madness! Their argument is, it'll bring more people to the town, rubbish, they'll shop there & then leave.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 11:01 PM

Lidl, no question. My local one is only about a mile away - own bakery, good selection of goods and groceries, self-checkout tills, nice wide parking spaces to boot. Aldi is not much cop. Interior veg that goes off after a couple of days, poor selection of groceries (sweet potato burgers are okay though), and tight parking spaces.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
The car parks of both here are usually full of expensive cars, presumeably Art doesn't want to be seen in her Trabant.
Ray, They are usually people who are hoteliers or caterers buying the cheap stuff for the punters!

I would say, that when Aldi and Lidl first opened in my area, there were less people shopping in the supermarkets nearby. Now they are bustling again, as many are ditching Aldi and Lidl.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I sometimes shop in Asda and l don’t mind them. Lately, I shop mainly in Waitrose, Morrison’s and Marks and Spencer’s.... their frozen 6 Scottish Breaded Or Battered Haddock are lovely.

I occasionally shop in Sainsbury’s, Tesco’s and Iceland.

LQ, Just call me Hyacinth (Bouquet)
Ooh ,half a crown to speak to you ,lady !!!!
lol,lol
although on second thoughts you are so young ,you wouldn"t know what half a crown is .
x
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 11:08 PM

Kippers and Curtains, Aldi and Lidl customers can afford a taxi with cash.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-11-2019, 11:09 PM

Both Aldi and Lidl have a distinctive smell and l don’t know if it’s from the fruit or what but the other supermarkets don’t have that smell? It hits you as you walk into the store.

Has anyone else noticed it?

...and before anyone says it, it’s not me!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top