Join for free
Page 3 of 48 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 12:38 AM

Re: The Prince Andrew interview

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
OK.

(quoted from wiki)

One can only assume that she had legally consented but is now trying to suggest that restrictions should have been applied
It’s different in each state .
I believe it’s 17 in New York .

There are only 13 states where it is 18 there rest are 16/17

Except in the bayous where I understand they marry at their sisters or cousins at 13
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 12:40 AM

I watched the interview and found the whole thing very strange . I think it was a big mistake PA agreeing to do it and if he wanted to protest his innocence it should have been done by way of a legal rout eg a sworn affidavit to the court in the USA.

Some questions were raised in my mind which were not mentioned by Emily Maitlis.
PA said he went to tell GE in person that they could no longer metaphorically 'be seen together' following his conviction, then they went for a walk together in Central Park and are literally 'seen together' in the most public of places . This seems a odd thing to have done under the circumstances.

The programme began with a video of PA dressed in what appeared to be a dressing gown letting a young woman out of Epstein's front door, why was he a guest in someone's house doing that.
I wouldn't consider it my place to see someone out of another person house.

Of course everyone should be presumed innocent until proved otherwise but I think the interview raised many questions and answerd none .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Her dog bit two children in Windsor great park .
She pleaded guilty and was convicted under the Dangerous Dogs act.
I see. If anything, then, it was not intentional on her part. Yes, she should have kept them on a lead, but that doesn't make her an evil person.

Anyway, I fancied her when she was younger!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I watched the interview and found the whole thing very strange . I think it was a big mistake PA agreeing to do it and if he wanted to protest his innocence it should have been done by way of a legal rout eg a sworn affidavit to the court in the USA.

Some questions were raised in my mind which were not mentioned by Emily Maitlis.
PA said he went to tell GE in person that they could no longer metaphorically 'be seen together' following his conviction, then they went for a walk together in Central Park and are literally 'seen together' in the most public of places . This seems a odd thing to have done under the circumstances.

The programme began with a video of PA dressed in what appeared to be a dressing gown letting a young woman out of Epstein's front door, why was he a guest in someone's house doing that.

Of course everyone should be presumed innocent until proved otherwise but I think the interview raised many questions and answerd none .

If he had done that it would look as if he had something to swear about .
He hasn’t committed any crime so why should he swear his innocence?
Associating with a pedophile is not actually a crime ,look how many people associated and liked Rolf Harris .
What he didn’t say and what was obvious ( to me) was that he liked the guy .
Maybe he was likeable .
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 12:46 AM

It’s different in each state .
I believe it’s 17 in New York .

There are only 13 states where it is 18 there rest are 16/17

Except in the bayous where I understand they marry at their sisters or cousins at 13
Yep. I read that too after my initial post.

Do we know where the alleged misdemeanour took place and under what circumstances? Not that it really matters in the grand plan of things since, to reiterate, IMHO his fault was to offer moral support for a convicted criminal despite the fact that even the most simple of halfwits should have been able to recognise that this could damage the reputation of the family business.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

17-11-2019, 12:48 AM

They don’t have a business.
That’s just a term to make the plebs think they actually work for a living
PA is notoriously arrogant he probably never thought about it .
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 12:56 AM

They don’t have a business.
That’s just a term to make the plebs think they actually work for a living
PA is notoriously arrogant he probably never thought about it .
They do have a business, in terms of land ownership (Crown Estate), representing the UK as bastions of perfection/role models, technically being the heads of state etc etc.

If he wants to have no part in it then he could easily disassociate himself, abdicate his title, find appropriate employment, have no part in terms of income nor the trappings of the position and thus fade into obscurity. He hasn't, and therefore should at least consider how his actions might reflect on this hereditary business.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I certainly don't think it's done him any favours, Meg.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 01:03 AM

Any mature red blooded male, Prince or otherwise, would certainly remember having more than one Sexual encounter with a young nubile female especially in a friends home.

Many would boast about it to their colleagues.
I think it is 'Kiss and Tell' to make money

Also as he does not drink alcohol he was not under the influence and drunk.

Also may of us have friends who are likeable with many good qualities as well, whose behaviour we do not condone.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

17-11-2019, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
They do have a business, in terms of land ownership (Crown Estate), representing the UK as bastions of perfection/role models, technically being the heads of state etc etc.

If he wants to have no part in it then he could easily disassociate himself, abdicate his title, find appropriate employment, have no part in terms of income nor the trappings of the position and thus fade into obscurity. He hasn't, and therefore should at least consider how his actions might reflect on this hereditary business.
The Crown Estate does not belong to the royals .
Nor do they run it .
They enjoy it’s income that’s all .
The constitutional head of state requires no merit just winning the lottery of birth .
I don’t want to be represented by such people who have done nothing to deserve it but get born .
We don t want or need arrogant undereducated idiots to represent us .
Prince Andrew shows up the ridiculousness in glorifying the Royal Family .

Page 3 of 48 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top