Join for free
Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 02:18 PM

Re: Breaking news! (London Bridge attack)

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Of course their hands aren't tied that's why he's dead and thankfully not costing us thousands per year for the rest of his worthless life .

Sadly it has cost two completely innocent people their lives and pain and suffering
to three others
Muddy you're not contradicting me but the two experienced police officers/chiefs interviewed on LBC. They said that a suicide vest changes the goalposts of what's possible re firearms / taser use.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 02:18 PM

Personally, I think the best punishment would be to lock them in the stocks like they use to and just leave them there for people to do whatever they want to them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Muddy you're not contradicting me but the two experienced police officers/chiefs interviewed on LBC. They said that a suicide vest changes the goalposts of what's possible re firearms / taser use.
I think we are all aware of that .
Wear a suicide vest and you are toast .
I assume you mean if they aren’t the police can’t shoot them ( dead)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think we are all aware of that .
Wear a suicide vest and you are toast .
I assume you mean if they aren’t the police can’t shoot them ( dead)
According to experienced police officers, shooting/tasering someone in a real suicide vest can result in a large number of casualties/fatalities if a) they trigger the device, b) the spark sets it off. Therefore this causes a delay in any situation where they have to assess the risk. In this case a fake vest was worn but how were they to know this?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 03:13 PM

I am glad he wore it it means he’s dead one less terrorist .
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 05:13 PM

If they shot him in the head, would that trigger a suicide vest? The police officer whom I presume killed him was near enough to shoot him in the head.

As it was, it was suicide by cop.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-12-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
If they shot him in the head, would that trigger a suicide vest? The police officer whom I presume killed him was near enough to shoot him in the head.

As it was, it was suicide by cop.
I'm not sure but the police interviewed said that the fact he wore the vest led to hesitation in shooting him on the spot.

One of those interviewed said that every single police shotgun death results in an investigation to check that the police officer was acting lawfully. This results in a major risk assessment by the officer carrying a gun in cases such as this. There was reportedly a discarded taser on the floor presumably because it could have led to a far greater disaster had the vest been real.

The terrorists know exactly what they are doing when they wear these fake vests.

Hopefully this will result in either a change in the law in such cases and greater stop and search powers. The latter are already being promised by Boris if elected. I honestly don't know what's stopping them on the latter. Victimisation is not a justifiable reason when we have so many people dying every day.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 05:44 PM

Hi

Suicide vests, normal procedure if available is a bullet in both elbows, that means they cannot trigger them.

If not, head shots and just hope no nervous reaction.

Head shots put the officer shooting at risk.

We want them alive for intelligence.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

01-12-2019, 06:12 PM

But in this case he was better dead .
As were the killers of Lee Rigby that we have to keep for ever in Broadmoor .
That policewoman should have aimed higher .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

01-12-2019, 06:33 PM

The second victim has been named .
A young woman aged 23 ,also a Cambridge graduate on the brink of life .

Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top