Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 10:45 AM

Re: Ray Galton RIP

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
RIP Ray Galton. Great script writer.

Tarantula - Rather uncool words there in the context of a tribute thread
I thought it was worth mentioning as that daft comedy wasn't that good, imo.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Very sad, sitcom writers just aren't as good now!
I agree Tess. I suppose they can't say very much these days which is why comedy is so bland.

R.I.P. Ray Galton
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I thought it was worth mentioning as that daft comedy wasn't that good, imo.
Sorry tarantula, but what you said had absolutely nothing to do with this thread, and was iMO totally inappropriate and in bad taste.

You are quite entitled to your opinion concerning the quality/content of the sit/com Steptoe and Son, but that was your opinion about a particular show and what you said about one of the actors in that show had nothing to do with the writer, Ray Galton.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
Sorry tarantula, but what you said had absolutely nothing to do with this thread, and was iMO totally inappropriate and in bad taste.

You are quite entitled to your opinion concerning the quality/content of the sit/com Steptoe and Son, but that was your opinion about a particular show and what you said about one of the actors in that show had nothing to do with the writer, Ray Galton.
I thought Steptoe and son was in bad taste and that was down to that guy Galton.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 01:49 AM

Amazing how some can recognize bad taste by others not themselves
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

08-10-2018, 09:11 AM

What I have never understood is why when someone kicks the bucket you shouldn't say what you thought of them in life, death doesn't change anything.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
What I have never understood is why when someone kicks the bucket you shouldn't say what you thought of them in life, death doesn't change anything.
I doubt you even knew who he was until this thread came up.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

08-10-2018, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I doubt you even knew who he was until this thread came up.
I did know who Galton was.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
He brought happiness to many a household.
He certainly did - R.I.P.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 12:55 PM

http://www.classiccomedyscripts.co.u...f-steptoe-son/

What made it a great show.
Father and son used earthy language and swore like troopers (at least as much as the BBC would allow them to) and both were given an added reality by being played by "straight" actors (Wilfrid Brambell and Harry H Corbett) rather than comedians.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top