Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce
Chatterbox
Bruce is offline
Wollongong, Australia
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 15,218
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-07-2021, 11:07 AM
21

Re: Australia is like Joan Collins

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Why is Australia backwards in so many ways especially environmental care? The refusal to adopt any measures to reduce or even stabilise Global Warming and the insistence on extraction of coal in particular. China has recognised its role in the emissions of carbon dioxide and has a program to reduce this running now with the intent of making the WHOLE COUNTRY carbon neutral by 2060 and is on track to achieve this having started some years ago. Meanwhile Australia keeps digging coal ----.
It's all to do with demand dear Todger. Perhaps you can come up with a method of making steel without it?

It's not just coal we have lovely gas too (wanna buy some?)



So lovely to see you supporting our mates in China (our biggest trading partner) Good on ya!
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
The Artful Todger is offline
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,816
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-07-2021, 11:35 AM
22

Re: Australia is like Joan Collins

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It's all to do with demand dear Todger. Perhaps you can come up with a method of making steel without it?

It's not just coal we have lovely gas too (wanna buy some?)



So lovely to see you supporting our mates in China (our biggest trading partner) Good on ya!
Steel can be produced by inductive zone refining. The very best always is. No coal required. Similarly "natural" gas as a fuel source is increasingly becoming yesterday's fuel. The environment cost is FAR too high.

As for China being the biggest trading partner - best not piss them off than your government is doing or that situation will VERY soon end and for a variety of reasons a replacement market really will not be as easy as your government might think.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 9,088
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-07-2021, 01:29 PM
23

Re: Australia is like Joan Collins

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Thank you
No I donít have a deviant art page I will have to take a look ..
Our children are lucky to be Aussies only they are so far way
Did'nt they choose to go there Muddy?
No luck involved at all !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce
Chatterbox
Bruce is offline
Wollongong, Australia
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 15,218
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-07-2021, 01:47 PM
24

Re: Australia is like Joan Collins

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Steel can be produced by inductive zone refining. The very best always is. No coal required. Similarly "natural" gas as a fuel source is increasingly becoming yesterday's fuel. The environment cost is FAR too high.

As for China being the biggest trading partner - best not piss them off than your government is doing or that situation will VERY soon end and for a variety of reasons a replacement market really will not be as easy as your government might think.
Thanks for the advice I am sure Scotty from Marketing will be excited to receive it. As a token of his thanks here is a picture of Joan Collins



Do keep coming up with more of your handy tips.
Morticia's Avatar
Morticia
Chatterbox
Morticia is offline
England
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 13,924
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-07-2021, 01:56 PM
25

Re: Australia is like Joan Collins

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
there are plenty of traditional artists there too - although, there is some really amazing digital art too.
Trouble with DA is that art work is all too easily nicked and reproduced to appear as cheap prints.
UkGameCoder's Avatar
UkGameCoder
Senior Member
UkGameCoder is offline
UK
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 478
UkGameCoder is male 
 
04-07-2021, 07:23 PM
26

Re: Australia is like Joan Collins

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Trouble with DA is that art work is all too easily nicked and reproduced to appear as cheap prints.
I think that's a problem with all digital art, Morticia. Don't know how they live with themselves.

I was considering getting into digital art for my games, but since an original artwork can never be guaranteed (because computer files can simply be copied), I decided to just resume my traditional art. At least then I know there will always be an original, even if it is scanned and saved as a file.
pauline3
Chatterbox
pauline3 is offline
Hampshire UK
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 10,708
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-07-2021, 10:08 AM
27

Re: Australia is like Joan Collins

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It is of course a matter of taste but the pictures of that road shows a horrible scene.


It looks pretty parched and could whip up a sand storm if you did a wheelie with your car....

Iím sure there is much prettier scenery in Australia.

I have relatives that live out there....

Aussies are quite loud I hear...from what my uncle told me...they also call woman Sheila....I wonder why?..

They also live in thongs apparently....no suit and tie..
Bratti's Avatar
Bratti
Chatterbox
Bratti is offline
Canada
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 5,255
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-07-2021, 04:22 AM
28

Re: Australia is like Joan Collins

Australians still use coal?
Wow! I didnít know that.
Do they still use plastic bags too?
Please say it ainít so
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce
Chatterbox
Bruce is offline
Wollongong, Australia
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 15,218
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-07-2021, 05:34 AM
29

Re: Australia is like Joan Collins

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Australians still use coal?
Wow! I didnít know that.
Do they still use plastic bags too?
Please say it ainít so
Ummm let's give you a bit of a clue. Here is Scotty from Marketing when he was Treasurer. He is now Prime Minister




It's all to do with our Federal Government's really innovative climate policy developed after last years fires.

The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
The Artful Todger is offline
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,816
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-07-2021, 10:28 AM
30

Re: Australia is like Joan Collins

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Ummm let's give you a bit of a clue. Here is Scotty from Marketing when he was Treasurer. He is now Prime Minister




It's all to do with our Federal Government's really innovative climate policy developed after last years fires.

That just isn't in the least bit funny. You lot should be ASHAMED of yet another uncivilised thing you are up to.
 
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.