Join for free
Page 507 of 1676 « First < 7 407 457 497 505 506 507 508 509 517 557 607 1007 1507 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:51 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Keep your hand on your ha'penny
Cover it well with your palm
Keep your hand on your ha'penny
And Molly will come to no harm

Many years ago girls would sew a ha'penny piece into their knicker leg (think bloomers), in case of emergencies. I think it was the cost of a tram ride home so she would be safe from men who were addicted to the popular game of Shove ha'penny.

Some of the words of wisdom that get handed down should be put on the wall and framed so one doesn't forget them.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 11:01 AM

RJ - we are getting bogged in a quagmire of words here - can you assist with your amazingly delf like dictionary and razor sharp wit??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 04:14 PM

There was a young lady from rhyl
Who would give all her boyfriends a thrill
But when it got heated……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. oh never mind, I’ll try later!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 04:52 PM

I thought the idea behind young ladies carrying a spare coin was that they should grip it between their knees whenever in the company of men who might otherwise lead them astray.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
My aunt Eileen worked in Williams&Woods all her employed life, there were about 50 women working in the Jam and Marmalade section, they were devils for singing songs like that in the pub on Saturday nights, I seem you have a vague memory of one called "I'll show you me yo-yo tonight" all double meaning but very funny I thought, 'tis true that the women are worse than the men, as me granny used to say.

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 04:56 PM

Maybe so,Fruity-stops anyone ending up in the sh1t...
...although,my mate's made a fortune from selling manure.

...in fact -[you KNOW you're all awaiting this...]- he's ROLLING in it...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 06:49 PM

Good to see your OK Sweetie.
Ah Pug me oul flower, how are ya doin’.
Rolling? I’m still rollin me own tobacco, been doing it for the past ten years now and I’m quite the expert at it, I can even do it sitting on a horse using just the one hand, I then stick it in me mouth and strike a match off the horse’s ass to light it, eat your heart out John Wayne. My beautiful neighbour has a donkey and an old horse, I borrow her horse but would prefer her donkey, but it’s a sin to covet thy neighbours ass.
The taxes on tobacco are criminal and only the well off can afford conventional cigarettes, they have killed the goose that laid the golden egg because everyone buys the black market stuff or take plenty home with them from European holidays and the greedy government gets bugger all tax, like the story of the fisherman's wife, they never learn.
Shops who sell tobacco are nothing more than unpaid tax collectors, the actual product costs pence and the rest is tax, it always reminds me of that old Jimmy Durante song “My Nose’s Anniversary”, there’s a line in it that goes something like this “When I was born I was famous, it was the first time in history that the nose outweighed the child”
Mark my words the booze will get the same treatment in the near future.

Phew! That’s my annual booze and tobacco grump over for the new year.

I love all the old westerns shown on Saturdays (moviesformen/Spike) I’m watching “War Drums” now and I swear to God the Apache witch doctor has an Irish accent, Galway I reckon, it’s so comical, I blame the casting, white fella's all darkened up for the parts of Native Americans, this film is a good example of cast and be damned.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
I thought the idea behind young ladies carrying a spare coin was that they should grip it between their knees whenever in the company of men who might otherwise lead them astray.
It may turn nasty when the penny drops
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
RJ - we are getting bogged in a quagmire of words here - can you assist with your amazingly delf like dictionary and razor sharp wit??
Thank you oh eucalyptic one, but first I would be remiss if I failed to point out the actual meaning of the word DELF

... The DELF and DALF are diplomas awarded by the French Ministry of Education to prove the French-language skills of non-French candidates. There are six independent diplomas.

The word you meant to use is DEFT and it is a very flattering one, there now you can add to that the words smart arse.
I thank ew
Robert Jnr.
UK

24-02-2018, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Maybe so,Fruity-stops anyone ending up in the sh1t...
...although,my mate's made a fortune from selling manure.

...in fact -[you KNOW you're all awaiting this...]- he's ROLLING in it...
I wonder if Ole Puggy knows the origins of the expression rolling In it

Page 507 of 1676 « First < 7 407 457 497 505 506 507 508 509 517 557 607 1007 1507 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top