Join for free
Page 13 of 42 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:07 PM

Re: Churchill NZ under lockdown!

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Studying and so learning the reality of Islam does not make someone s better person - unless finding the truth results in a Muslim choosing to become apostate - but sure as eggs is eggs it opens ones eyes about what a murderous cult it is and the utter garbage and tissue of lies on which it based.
As is ALL religion IMO.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
My dear, with respect I probably know very much more about Islam than anyone on this site.
Oeer !! ooeer!! - wanna prove it or just boasting?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:17 PM

A Life is a life and I would hope that we would all be sorry that an innocent life had been lost... especially to violence!

There are many decent Muslims living in the world but, if they won't outwardly reject those who use their religion to justify killing people, then they must accept that they may be considered the same!

Look at the Catholic religion that has covered up the actions of some priests for many years. If your child had wanted to spend time with a priest, how could you be sure that he was not one who abused children?

Until the Pope was recently forced to admit what had been happening, many other children may have been wrongly abused! Isn't it time that Imams made a public declaration that anybody who used violence, in the name of their religion, would not be allowed into their Mosque again.
Until they do there will always be mistrust of Muslims.

The Australian who has killed the New Zealand Muslims, will be dealt with by the law , but in many countries Islam is the law & until that is changed it will be hard for people to not judge them as all being the same
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:22 PM

Well I'm fairly sure I've never seen a mass Muslim protest about the likes of Choudry. In fact, the silence is deafening.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
With respect Julie, why does anyone need to understand it. I don't understand any religion so why should understanding Islam make someone a better person? What about Shintoism or Buddhism?
I don't think you have to understand every nuance LD I don't claim to do that at all. But I have tried to get to know the people and I trust them to be no more likely to attack me than I am to attack them. Our religions are similar and different in equal measures it appears, but one thing all the Muslims I know believe is that to kill or harm a non believer is as bad as killing Allah himself. They are very peaceful people just want to be left alone to worship. Most came originally to UK as they knew we are tolerant of others and would let them worship as they wish. It worked well for many years until we blamed them for what violent sects started to do.
I feel very sorry for them when they have done nothing wrong but get blamed for things they consider to be so heinously against their religion that they don't even recognise the people doing it as Muslims.

People take bits of Koran seeming to forget bits of the bible are just as bloody and war like.
A good decent Imam will explain how it can be interpreted as a peace filled religion these days, that it isn't a to do list at all. Just like bible isn't a to do list either or we would all be doing some pretty nasty things.

Most mosques now print out their sermons so anyone can access them in English and see what is being preached. I take advantage of that quite often so I know what several mosques are saying. Reassures me and leaves me more afraid of far right idiots like the one attacked the mosque than the people inside the mosque.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
A Life is a life and I would hope that we would all be sorry that an innocent life had been lost... especially to violence!

There are many decent Muslims living in the world but, if they won't outwardly reject those who use their religion to justify killing people, then they must accept that they may be considered the same!

Look at the Catholic religion that has covered up the actions of some priests for many years. If your child had wanted to spend time with a priest, how could you be sure that he was not one who abused children?

Until the Pope was recently forced to admit what had been happening, many other children may have been wrongly abused! Isn't it time that Imams made a public declaration that anybody who used violence, in the name of their religion, would not be allowed into their Mosque again.
Until they do there will always be mistrust of Muslims.

The Australian who has killed the New Zealand Muslims, will be dealt with by the law , but in many countries Islam is the law & until that is changed it will be hard for people to not judge them as all being the same
So do we all have to reject what this man did as he claims to do it in our names or do we assume right minded people understand he doesn't represent us at all ? Most Muslims don't see the violence as being part of their religion, they assume I think we all realise they aren't to blame. But many have spoken out you just don't hear them as they don't get mass coverage like people like choudray do. At one point I remember choudray on many tv shows and the Muslims local to me almost in tears they couldn't get to say anything on the same platforms to condemn him, it was almost like the media wanted to blame them all.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So do we all have to reject what this man did as he claims to do it in our names or do we assume right minded people understand he doesn't represent us at all ? Most Muslims don't see the violence as being part of their religion, they assume I think we all realise they aren't to blame. But many have spoken out you just don't hear them as they don't get mass coverage like people like choudray do. At one point I remember choudray on many tv shows and the Muslims local to me almost in tears they couldn't get to say anything on the same platforms to condemn him, it was almost like the media wanted to blame them all.
They could protest him and other hate preachers on the street, but they don't. I mean lets be honest here, it generally doesn't take very much for them to be offended and protest does it?

Those like Choudary incite Muslims to murder, which some do. You then get those like the guy in NZ who wants revenge, so kills Muslims. Therefore, surely it's in their interest to shout down all hate preachers as much as possible?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-03-2019, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
They could protest him and other hate preachers on the street, but they don't. I mean lets be honest here, it generally doesn't take very much for them to be offended and protest does it?

Those like Choudary incite Muslims to murder, which some do. You then get those like the guy in NZ who wants revenge, so kills Muslims. Therefore, surely it's in their interest to shout down all hate preachers as much as possible?
I think some of the problem is many are scared of them, it's far more common for a Muslim to be killed by one of these people than us non Muslims. They really hate real Muslims.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

16-03-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think some of the problem is many are scared of them, it's far more common for a Muslim to be killed by one of these people than us non Muslims. They really hate real Muslims.
But we're always "led to believe" that the extremist are a tiny minority. So, wouldn't the good ones have strength in numbers?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-03-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
But we're always "led to believe" that the extremist are a tiny minority. So, wouldn't the good ones have strength in numbers?
I find that hard to answer fender, personally I wouldn't want to stand in front of some of them and denounce them without a lot of back up, they aren't nice people will respond negatively at the time, they creep back when you feel safe and attack you or your family then. I know also when our local mosque heard of three men they suspected of being dangerous and the Imam went to the police. Nothing was done, eventually they went to a camp abroad to learn to fight for ISIS. So for us that pretty much proved their guilt but police still did nothing when they returned several times to UK.

Why would anyone put themselves forward if the police won't act ?

Page 13 of 42 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top