Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 11:26 AM

Re: Titanic - Diving to recover Radio!

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Why? All human remains will have dissolved decades ago.
It's still a grave for the people who died, whether their remains are still there or not. I think it should be left undisturbed.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 11:26 AM

Why? All human remains will have dissolved decades ago.
And most of our knowledge comes from the past...
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 02:19 PM

Very deep, very cold water can be devoid of oxygen, the radio could be in relatively good condition.

People have been robbing graves ever since people started being buried with valuable objects;museums are full of the stuff, even the bodies themselves are displayed. What is the time-frame that must pass before it is socially acceptable?

I doubt that anyone who died on the ship will mind.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It's still a grave for the people who died, whether their remains are still there or not. I think it should be left undisturbed.
That makes no sense. People have died and been planted for thousands of years. What matters is NOW.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 05:20 PM

That makes no sense. People have died and been planted for thousands of years. What matters is NOW.
Not when it's something they want that isn't really needed. It's like grave robbing & it isn't that long ago either. It was said the wreck would remain undisturbed apart from the marine life colonizing it. I know if I had a relative who drowned inside that wreck, I'd be up in arms about it being disturbed.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Not when it's something they want that isn't really needed. It's like grave robbing & it isn't that long ago either. It was said the wreck would remain undisturbed apart from the marine life colonizing it. I know if I had a relative who drowned inside that wreck, I'd be up in arms about it being disturbed.
But WHY? It's not as if there's any human remains there and in any case the vast majority of those who died were drowned. Might just as well designate an area on the map as being something special.

I guess I'm just not sentimental about such things. It's like people who get tense about building on places like Ypres or Vimy Ridge. Pointless.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top