Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 11:26 AM

Re: Do you exercise?

Deleted my Post after reading OGF post ....
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 11:41 AM

I got an Apple watch series 3 with GPS to help with my fitness - sadly I don't use it for more than something like a timer, notifications from my phone.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 12:04 PM

I think some of you may have misunderstood what Floydy is asking.....
For a start......WORK is NOT exercise! no matter how much energy you expend....and it has no part in this thread.

Secondly......It is not a waste of time or something to improve the look of your body.....

It can be a very relaxing and a rewarding set of things you can do to improve your daily lives. Think of it more as Medication without medication.....
There are plenty of people on this forum who do Yoga, Tai Chi, Swimming (Ruthio) Cycling and walking......These are the people that Floydy was looking for.....and I know you are there because I've read about you in other threads.....

If you haven't got time to do it, or have no wish to do it, why are you grumbling about people who do take an interest in their well being. Go and find the Quizzes and Puzzles thread instead....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 12:08 PM

If work isn't exercise I'd love to know why I get so sweaty doing it and tired afterwards according to various sources anything can be exercise, gardening, walking, housework.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 12:11 PM

Work is definitely exercise - not my job, though, as I mainly work online.

I wish I could get fit again - I'm not overweight but can feel my body run down through illness (both mental and physical).

I had a rough time of it recently but managed a mile's walk today to the supermarket and back, not much maybe but baby steps.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If work isn't exercise I'd love to know why I get so sweaty doing it and tired afterwards according to various sources anything can be exercise, gardening, walking, housework.
Work IS Work Julie, proper exercise uses the mind as well as the body in order to release you from the everyday stresses that WORK puts on you.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Well my husband has to carry a route bag contains 36 bottles or cans of fizz and another containing over a hundred chocolate bars up four flights of stairs and brings the coins from the vending machines back down everyday. If that's not exercise I'll eat my hat.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-12-2017, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Work is definitely exercise - not my job, though, as I mainly work online.

I wish I could get fit again - I'm not overweight but can feel my body run down through illness (both mental and physical).

I had a rough time of it recently but managed a mile's walk today to the supermarket and back, not much maybe but baby steps.
I'm not saying work isn't good for the body in it's own way. Some jobs can help to keep you supple and strong, but it's still work, not exercise.
A mile walk is excellent Ffosse (Even the longest journey starts with the first step) and you can clear your mind and look around you, how many people can say that while they are working.

Perhaps the people who resist exercise have never done it correctly and have not experienced the benefits. The physical side of the body is very closely aligned with the mental side and vice versa....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think some of you may have misunderstood what Floydy is asking.....
For a start......WORK is NOT exercise! no matter how much energy you expend....and it has no part in this thread.

Secondly......It is not a waste of time or something to improve the look of your body.....

It can be a very relaxing and a rewarding set of things you can do to improve your daily lives. Think of it more as Medication without medication.....
There are plenty of people on this forum who do Yoga, Tai Chi, Swimming (Ruthio) Cycling and walking......These are the people that Floydy was looking for.....and I know you are there because I've read about you in other threads.....

If you haven't got time to do it, or have no wish to do it, why are you grumbling about people who do take an interest in their well being. Go and find the Quizzes and Puzzles thread instead....
Rather patronising post there OGF, for I'm not sure anyone was grumbling about people who care for their well being with exercise,rather just stating their own preferences as you would in any normal conversation. Personally I've no time for fanatics of any ilk...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-12-2017, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well my husband has to carry a route bag contains 36 bottles or cans of fizz and another containing over a hundred chocolate bars up four flights of stairs and brings the coins from the vending machines back down everyday. If that's not exercise I'll eat my hat.
Floydy can probably explain this better than I can Julie, but he will not be exercising his muscles in the correct way, or even the correct muscles that need the workout for him to benefit too much. And his mind will be on the job and not clear of stress. You are even suffering some of his stress by mentioning it, it must be on your mind.....

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top