Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 06:05 PM

Re: They Said that an EU Army Wouldn't Happen

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I really don’t understand the thinking in the EU that wants Holland in its Army, they were neutral in both World Wars and surrendered 4 days after the Germans strolled in during WW2, they did under the Dutch Reich minister assist the Germans in deporting 107,000 Dutch Jews.
Their presence within UN operations has been less than stellar.
I don’t understand why the poster has such antipathy to this country or it’s armed forces which liberated his country
They also stood back in Srebrenica when they could have defended the Muslims .............
Eternal shame for the Dutch armed forces!

And they dare criticise us!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
They also stood back in Srebrenica when they could have defended the Muslims .............

On what please?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 06:37 PM

Well, perhaps a little.
It was already clear during the fall of the enclave that it was very difficult to get air support. In June 2015, the Argos television program revealed secret agreements from American documents that the allies of the Netherlands - the US, France and Great Britain - had agreed to refrain from providing air support. [24] Minister Hennis subsequently asked the allies for clarification. [25] [26] According to historian Geert Mak, there are indications that all parties involved had already given up the enclave before 1995. In addition to the unwillingness to provide air support, this would be apparent from the small number of men deployed by the Americans and Western Europeans for the whole of Bosnia (one fifth of what would be needed) and in particular from the only 400 men underarmed troops who had to defend Srebrenica. The Bosnian government also considered the enclave to be untenable. Naser Oric and his officers were in April 1995 by their army command brought to Tuzla for 'consultation'. However, they did not go back, leaving their paramilitaries in Srebrenica without guidance from that moment. The enclaves would have no strategic value, it was a binder for both the UN and the Bosnian government and they prevented the formation of clear and defensible front lines. [27]
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Well, perhaps a little.
It was already clear during the fall of the enclave that it was very difficult to get air support. In June 2015, the Argos television program revealed secret agreements from American documents that the allies of the Netherlands - the US, France and Great Britain - had agreed to refrain from providing air support. [24] Minister Hennis subsequently asked the allies for clarification. [25] [26] According to historian Geert Mak, there are indications that all parties involved had already given up the enclave before 1995. In addition to the unwillingness to provide air support, this would be apparent from the small number of men deployed by the Americans and Western Europeans for the whole of Bosnia (one fifth of what would be needed) and in particular from the only 400 men underarmed troops who had to defend Srebrenica. The Bosnian government also considered the enclave to be untenable. Naser Oric and his officers were in April 1995 by their army command brought to Tuzla for 'consultation'. However, they did not go back, leaving their paramilitaries in Srebrenica without guidance from that moment. The enclaves would have no strategic value, it was a binder for both the UN and the Bosnian government and they prevented the formation of clear and defensible front lines. [27]
Do the Dutch not have an air force??

Oh dear, what a shame!

Lucky the Brits do, I suppose.

If the UN defence force had been British the Serbs would not have taken over the enclave........That is an undeniable truth!
Bungee
France
Bungee is female 

11-10-2019, 06:53 PM

Oh dear, what a shame!

If the UN defence force had been British the Serbs would not have taken over the enclave........That is an undeniable truth!
No..it's just your opinion.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 06:56 PM

Oh dear, what a shame!

Please explain how you can say that is truth? It is speculation pure and simple.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-10-2019, 07:01 PM

I agree, the british were fully armed, combat trained men.
Moscow
Scotland

11-10-2019, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bungee ->
No..it's just your opinion.
Makes me laugh when lefty's take offence at any pro-British statements..........

Its not an opinion but a hypothesis based on the proven prowess of British forces and their commanders over many missions over many decades.

It's not an opinion but a truth that British forces are better trained, equipped and better led than the inexperienced and psychologically inept Dutch forces .

The Dutch just don't have the strength of character and sense of purpose that British forces have.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 08:24 PM

Makes me laugh when lefty's take offence at any pro-British statements..........

Its not an opinion but a hypothesis based on the proven prowess of British forces and their commanders over many missions over many decades.

It's not an opinion but a truth that British forces are better trained, equipped and better led than the inexperienced and psychologically inept Dutch forces .

The Dutch just don't have the strength of character and sense of purpose that British forces have.
Lefties make me laugh too, Moscow.

More importantly to this discussion, though, it makes me proud to know that our armed forces, though not the largest any more, are the best in the world.

I think it was the same character possessed by the British that led to us creating and leading the Industrial Revolution which then caused us to become the most powerful and rich nation on earth.

No longer though, sadly, in my opinion due to mismanagement by our inept politicians.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 08:26 PM

Makes me laugh when rednecks make ridiculous statements.

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top