Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 08:59 PM

Re: My Furboy Kodi Poorly :-(

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I had noticed that my dog Kodi was putting on weight and also drinking a lot. I decided to take him to the vets but the night before his appointment he was laid on the rug asleep on his side and I was horrified to see his belly looking misshaped, like there was a swelling. I was extremely worried thinking he had some tumour in there.

His appointment was on Tuesday and they ran some blood tests.

The vet told me in his mind Kodi has a heart problem as he thinks he is collecting fluid round his heart but would wait for the blood results.

The vet rang me this afternoon to tell me the news isn't good. The test showed something wrong with his heart and also his liver enzymes were raised.

A couple of weeks ago Kodi was on steroids for a skin irritation and the vet thinks him being on those steroids quite possibly are the reason his enzymes are raised so wants to run more blood work when the steroids are out of his system.

He is on frusemide to help get rid of excess fluid round his heart and also Vetmedin for his heart.

We are of course hoping and praying he is with us for a long time yet.

My Kodi is an adorable and funny little character who has brought much joy to our home and we love him so much it's heartbreaking to know that he may not have long left. Kodi is 12½ years old.

Hopefully he is going to be with us for a good while yet though.

Thank you for listening.
What a little sweetheart Kodi is.

Sending him lots of healing vibes and hugs to you LQ....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 09:03 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind words, Kodi sends sloppy virtual face licks too
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 10:02 PM

Poor little chap I hope Kodi will be ok LQ xxx
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 10:06 PM

Healing vibes and gentle hugs to Kodi - he is gorgeous. Big hugs to you too Queenie!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 12:33 AM

What a dear little soul, Queenie. I can see why you love him.

Do let us know what happens about the Cushings test, won't you.
I do hope he soon feels better.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 12:39 AM

Go Kodi!..We're barracking for you dude. The Frusemide will help I bet. I'm on it myself and it's sure taken care of my heart fluid problem so I'm sure it will be good for the boy. Only problem for me is I'm right off my games of chase the ball.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 06:49 AM

Hows Kodi today LQ . Hope hes ok
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 07:52 AM

I wish Kodi well, and send hugs to you too. Keep us updated.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Oh my word Muddy, I've just looked it up, I think you might be right. He has had skin irritations and he has started urinating in the house sometimes, I just put it down to him being old and losing control of his bladder sometimes, not often but it has been happening. He definitely has thirst too.

Thank you for telling me, I'll mention it to vet. i'll keep you informed.

I had a dog that had similar skin problems and the first vet missed it for ages .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 07:56 AM

So sorry to hear about your lovely pet Queenie.

Thinking of you. x

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top