Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 05:55 PM

My final house move

Some of you may already know, that last week saw me and Holly move into my own home, saying goodbye to the rental after nearly 7 months.

The removals went well, with a friendly duo of men, and we all worked tirelessly for just over 5 hours. I have spent the last couple of days moving boxes about, and making the living and dining room looking respectable. I still have a way to go, with stuff needing to be moved upstairs (my middle bedroom is jam packed, ready to be cleared out at a later date).

BT let me down by not carrying out the phone connection. And once I'd spent three hours on three calls, they plan on doing it on May 14th. In the meantime I am connecting to wifi using a dongle that I topped up today. I had to phone EE to check the number was still active as I last used it 6 months ago.

Enjoying cooking at last in my new double oven. Did a minced beef pie yesterday and now I have some roasties doing. They were almost done in half hour, using the top oven.

Had an email from AHF today saying they can probably take up deliveries very soon so hopefully it won't be too long before my sofa arrives. My sister wants her furniture too but first needs her room decorated and her new floor laid. Lockdown has prevented all work being done there.

I got a decorator in just as lock down started and he finished the front room, back room, kitchen, walls leading to garden, and my bedroom. Later I want the walls and sides of staircase painted to finish off down here. Then I will get new stair carpet.

And while he was here a carpenter fitted a new stair hand rail on both sides, which has been very useful.

I need to order a couple of very large rugs for the down stairs rooms, but not sure of sizes yet.

Dinner buzzer going so will continue later.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 06:09 PM

Re: My final house move

Great news that you were able to move during lockdown and that you are enjoying your new place already, long may it continue!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 06:11 PM

Jazzi I am delighted for you. The prospect of moving at any time can be daunting and it has been a long process from the day you said you were going to move but I am sure the effort will be worth it for you and Holly.
You must be relieved to be out of London under the circumstances and with the summer ahead of you to enjoy.

Wishing you every happiness in your new home, some pictures would be good ....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 06:27 PM

Jazzi, I hope you and Holly will be very happy in your new home!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 07:13 PM

Health ,wealth & happiness to you in your new home Jazzi.
x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 07:28 PM

I'm really pleased you have your own house after all this time Jazzi and I'm pleased the move went well in this present situation.

Wishing you much happiness and tranquility in your new home.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 07:30 PM

Jazzi, That is brilliant news. I am really pleased for you.

So.... how is Holly liking it? Have you thought about getting another dog when you’re settled?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 07:37 PM

I can see you are happy there despite virus-related setbacks.

Well done. I'm pleased for you.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 07:54 PM

Oh I'm really pleased for you and Holly Jazzi. Well done!!

I know it's hard work at first and all that, but what an adventure for you both. I'm feeling a tad jealous too.

Anyway - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Hope you will be very happy in your new home.

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 08:33 PM

Thank you thank you. *takes a bow!

Art...no way! Holly is not yet 3 years old and we hopefully have years together, here in our adopted county of Suffolk. One dog is enough.

Ten minutes of walking takes us to the upper park above a small ravine and steps that lead down to the lower park and the caravan site I stayed at last year. It is also home to the war memorial. Standing near that I can see the sea (just about, through the trees) We do that walk daily now so I can get my sea view fix.

Yes. it's been a long time coming, especially since I started talking, or thinking, of moving some years ago!! Two things spurred me into action. Holly continually getting me up in the middle of the night to be taken outside, and my sister actually buying a house here. It was then an easy decision to follow her.

I still pinch myself. Should I have done it years ago? Who knows. Would I have ended up with a three bedroomed house, close to town, and ten minutes walk from a sea view? Rhetorical question. I think the time was just right. I needed to act before i was too old and world weary (which I'm already fast feeling, lol).

Holly has taken this move much better than last October, maybe because then she had to endure a three hour plus car journey, which had her shaking the whole way, and here, I had already brought her on several trips to the new house, so she was familiar with it. She was in kennels for day care while we moved from the rental, but that was only about a 10-15m drive away.

One problem for her is that at the rental she had a low window sill in the bedroom to lie on, giving a view over to the playing field beyond, the dentist and Boots pharmacy, and the village hall, and the car park, and she'd be there for hours on end each day. She loved it, watching the world and dogs go by. Here, there are no low window sills, nor any views. All she can do is lie on my bed looking in at the bedrooms of houses opposite, lol.

Packing up for this move was very over whelming at times and often I felt like collapsing in tears. My sister helped at the beginning and we brought over a lot of boxes (yes, my fault for having too much stuff) before she had to stop and go into self isolation. From then on I was very much on my own. Even back in London I had a fair few friends who popped round to give me a much needed hand and morale boost.

But. We got here. So thank you all again for your good wishes which are much appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top