Join for free
Page 5 of 44 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 12:49 PM

Re: Up The Garden Path

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

I'll be out with the spirit level when the lawn is re-laid.
Level is ok in it's place Spitty, but a fall of some description is always desireable if possible, to avoid puddling of water and the freezing of it winter...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 12:13 PM

Not a problem Barry, not with this Global Warming and, I'm out to prove this part of the earth is flat.
The patio was laid dead flat but, knowing water finds its own level I provided plenty of drainage, the picture is where the half 0.2 cubic metre "Polystorm Soakaway" is fitted beneath the patio, there are gullys either edge of the patio terminating at surface water drains.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 12:31 PM

not a problem barry, not with this global warming and, i'm out to prove this part of the earth is flat.
the patio was laid dead flat but, knowing water finds its own level i provided plenty of drainage, the picture is where the half 0.2 cubic metre "polystorm soakaway" is fitted beneath the patio, there are gullys either edge of the patio terminating at surface water drains.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 10:59 AM

Six slabs to go and its looking good for a rendezvous.
Only problem is I was always one slab short and I have broken one, be hard to match with this patina.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

01-06-2020, 12:15 PM

Yep, initially I am two slabs short but, as in all these projects it has took another turn. When I liberated the shed from all the clutter, to reinstate it as a workshop, we decided another shed was required for storage, so, we bought a 10 x 8 feet metal shed which is due for delivery soon so the grass area to the left of the shed is about to be dug up and a concrete base laid to form the base of the new shed, then to match the existing paving the row of three slabs will have to be extended to the doors of the new shed, so about another 50 slabs will be needed, this is good news as I think i have tracked some matchers down to a builders merchant in the Black Country, so the distance will make a delivery charge a viable proposition.

Hope to be back to my normal work soon, otherwise there won't be any Garden left.

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 12:38 PM

Yep, initially I am two slabs short but, as in all these projects it has took another turn. When I liberated the shed from all the clutter, to reinstate it as a workshop, we decided another shed was required for storage, so, we bought a 10 x 8 feet metal shed which is due for delivery soon so the grass area to the left of the shed is about to be dug up and a concrete base laid to form the base of the new shed, then to match the existing paving the row of three slabs will have to be extended to the doors of the new shed, so about another 50 slabs will be needed, this is good news as I think i have tracked some matchers down to a builders merchant in the Black Country, so the distance will make a delivery charge a viable proposition.

Hope to be back to my normal work soon, otherwise there won't be any Garden left.

Bloody hellnSpitty, you've made me arms ache now!
I must make sure Donkeywoman does'nt see all this??
Good luck!

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

01-06-2020, 12:42 PM

Hi DM, I look at it like, I need to buy less turf, and any material removed will be relocated to offset the amount Top Soil I need to import, and I do have a Concrete Mixer.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

01-06-2020, 03:33 PM

Just done a bit of civil engineering DM, The concrete base will be 100mm thick, the lawn one metre out from the shed base, roughly where the shadow is, is 55mm below level, at two metres it is the same, at Three metres its 80mm, and at four metres (the fence) 90mm, so, although the soil is rock hard, there is very little to remove.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-06-2020, 10:07 PM

Revised, the base will now be 75mm thick, ordered the ballast, and cement, .post photos of the marking out tomorrow
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

04-06-2020, 10:00 AM

The timber shutter is 75 mm, so, the close up shows the nearer I get to the fence, there is almost no material to remove

Page 5 of 44 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top