Join for free
Page 145 of 276 « First < 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 02:23 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Everything went fine.

The taxi fare to the hospital and back wasn't too bad - cheaper than I thought it would be.

As regards the procedure, the hour's wait after the injection of the radioactive liquid was a bit boring but passed quickly.

Going under the scanner took another half hour and I was slightly anxious as it's not so open as a CT scan, but nowhere near as bad as an MRI. I se my Consultant next Thursday and he should have the results. I really hope everything is OK.

I've been awake since 6am and finally had a coffee and some chocolate at 1pm when I got back.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:18 AM

So glad it went well Dreamy.
I hope the results are good next Thursday.
Just relax now.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 12:26 AM

Dreamy can I have an update on how you are, please. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 11:25 AM

I'm fine, more energy, but still a bit fatigued and prone to going to bed in the afternoons.

The pain in my back and neck is the worst thing, though. I see my G.P. on Monday.

I'll feel happier after I've seen the Consultant on Thursday and he has the results of my PET scan.

Cancer is scary, though, and I don't think I've fully processed what my body has gone through. A podcaster I liked has just died aged 53 after 9 months of brain cancer. Depressing, but I suppose it can happen to anyone. I have to hold on to the thought that while mine is incurable at least it is treatable.

Curiously, some months ago, my G.P. started a discussion about hospice care and what I thought. I'm not sure why she did this. Maybe my cancer is more dangerous than I'm led to believe. Still, I just take each day as it comes although all my days are about the same with my not getting out much. I did have a longish walk around the hospital on Thursday, though, the grounds and inside by the shops before I found the taxi rank. It's a much bigger hospital than my normal one.

The taxi was the kind that was cash only - I hate those but luckily there is an atm in the shop below me so was able to get cash there.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

09-09-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm fine, more energy, but still a bit fatigued and prone to going to bed in the afternoons.

The pain in my back and neck is the worst thing, though. I see my G.P. on Monday.

I'll feel happier after I've seen the Consultant on Thursday and he has the results of my PET scan.

Cancer is scary, though, and I don't think I've fully processed what my body has gone through. A podcaster I liked has just died aged 53 after 9 months of brain cancer. Depressing, but I suppose it can happen to anyone. I have to hold on to the thought that while mine is incurable at least it is treatable.

Curiously, some months ago, my G.P. started a discussion about hospice care and what I thought. I'm not sure why she did this. Maybe my cancer is more dangerous than I'm led to believe. Still, I just take each day as it comes although all my days are about the same with my not getting out much. I did have a longish walk around the hospital on Thursday, though, the grounds and inside by the shops before I found the taxi rank. It's a much bigger hospital than my normal one.

The taxi was the kind that was cash only - I hate those but luckily there is an atm in the shop below me so was able to get cash there.
I remember you saying about the Hospice. Try not to dwell on what might or might not happen.
I think out Taxis only take cash, although I have some tokens still valid.
Thanks for the update.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

12-09-2018, 11:08 PM

Today I had a visit from the MacMillan cancer people at 10am to offer me some support and see what they could do for me. I hardly slept the night before - just a couple of hours, awakening at 4am.

It turns out that they feel I need some more longer term support so are going to refer me to another organisation. I could probably have benefited more from their short term support right after I came out of hospital and while I was being constantly readmitted for infections. Still, it's good that they care.

I slept from noon until 6pm so don't expect much sleep tonight and tomorrow at 10:30 I have to go to the hospital to get my PET scan results. I tell myself that I'm not worried; what will be will be, but am probably nervous underneath it all.

If I don't sleep it's not the end of the world. I'll just get my usual taxi to the clinic there and know exactly where I'm going. A friend is going to ring me at 8am just in case I'm asleep, though.

I hope this is the end of my second cancer ordeal, at least for now. It would be nice to have a few healthy months ahead. I'm still not getting out much but did manage a 2 mile walk to Argos and back on Monday. I was physically tired but my mind was clear - no anxiety.

So, it's fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-09-2018, 11:13 PM

Thanks for the update Dreamy.
You know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Good luck for tomorrow. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

12-09-2018, 11:17 PM

I'll update this thread one way or another.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

13-09-2018, 12:31 PM

Great news - my PET scan was clear, no tumours or anything nasty lurking in my body. I hardly slept last night and to get this news I'm over the moon.

I've still to get my 3 monthly checkups; and, in addition, every 2 months I'll get an injection of Rituximab into my stomach. This is a drug known to keep cancers at bay with non Hodgkin's Lymphoma sufferers.

So I look forward to the coming months. I need to get out more and get more exercise in general. I'm also revamping my diet to include a wide variety of healthy foods including grapefruit seed extract and nuts - all healthy things.

I'm so happy and the staff said that I'd handled this illness very well which made me feel a little proud.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-09-2018, 12:58 PM

Oh Dreamy I could not be more pleased.
That is fantastic news.

Page 145 of 276 « First < 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top