Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 03:52 AM

The Radio

Does anyone listen regularly to the wireless anymore?
And not just as a music background.

The local radio is mainly phone-in's and pop but fortunately I can tune into the BBC via the internet.Although the times are not very convenient.
Radio4extra(was7) is top of my list.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 05:55 AM

Re: The Radio

I like some of the programmes on Radio 4.

The News Quiz is very funny, Any Questions is interesting,, and there a few other short programmes I have in my recording schedule which are likewise either funny or interesting.

I never listen to the plays, though, as I find them a bit disturbing.

Otherwise I listen to Classic FM in the car, as it is relaxing while driving, and stops me getting irritated!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Does anyone listen regularly to the wireless anymore?
And not just as a music background.

The local radio is mainly phone-in's and pop but fortunately I can tune into the BBC via the internet.Although the times are not very convenient.
Radio4extra(was7) is top of my list.
Yes I do. I listen to ABC Local Radio which is not music but talk and news and occasionally I listen to ABC Radio National.

The ABC Local Radio might play music but at the rate of one song an hour and because they are local you can ring them or send a text message. Their studios are in Wollongong - as the name implies they are 'local'.

Can't stand commercial radio, it is mind numbingly inane and their playlists are equally inane music.

Personally I take an interest in Current Affairs so I listen to the 7.45am news followed by half an hour of AM. My only objection to Local Radio is that at noon they broadcast the Country Hour and as I have no interest in cattle prices, heavy lamb sales or the goings on at the saleyards at Tamworth that is when I turn over to Radio National and "The World Today"

One thing I miss about BBC Home Service was the radio plays, you don't get plays on the radio any more here
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 06:31 AM

I listen but usually in the car....actually I like the radio I should listen to it more often.....
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 07:47 AM

Very rare I watch tv , maybe a few hours a year ( and that’s top gear or today the grand tour ) but have radio 5 live on all day and usually rock Fm in evenings
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 08:37 AM

I listen to the Radio - mainly Radio4 for plays and quizzes - also news and World Service (comes on after midnight) - wouldn't be without it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 09:43 AM

My radio is on from 6am at the latest every day tuned to radio 4 until I watch the TV in the evening.
I can't listen to music these days because of tinnitus so stick with radio 4.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 09:47 AM

We have the radio on in the mornings, it’s usually tuned in to radio 5 live.

I don’t watch a lot of TV.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:08 AM

Listen to more radio than I watch TV so LBC mostly when I'm alone, smooth or classic when husband is around, radio 4 and classic when son is home. Daughter enjoys funkids digital station but tells me she is looking for something a bit older now as she's finding it a bit childish at times.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:52 AM

Not as much as I used to but then I am not driving around all day these days. I tend to flit between Radio Devon for local news, R2 for the pop quiz and decent music and R4 for a few quizzes. I no longer listen to the plays on R4 because they are aimed at a different type of listener these days.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top