Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 01:39 AM

A strange experience!

Last weekend I travelled up to Hawkes Bay for my son's 50th birthday. It's about a 2 hour drive but after about half an hour, I had a completely irrational panic. I stopped the car and phoned my wife saying I'm coming home. She was mystified but said OK. I had travelled about 5km back when I stopped and thought to myself "What the hell am I doing?" I phoned her again to say I will turn around again and carry on to Hawkes Bay. Back 5km to where I had been before then another 5km when I saw an ambulance and crew and an upturned car which had crashed through the fence after crossing the centre line. I would have been near here if I had carried on initially.

I am not in to psychics or thought transference.
I was shocked and shakey but I am also mystified!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 02:07 AM

Re: A strange experience!

I'm surprised your wife was going too??
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 02:13 AM

No she was on dog minding duties and some neighbourly commitments.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Last weekend I travelled up to Hawkes Bay for my son's 50th birthday. It's about a 2 hour drive but after about half an hour, I had a completely irrational panic. I stopped the car and phoned my wife saying I'm coming home. She was mystified but said OK. I had travelled about 5km back when I stopped and thought to myself "What the hell am I doing?" I phoned her again to say I will turn around again and carry on to Hawkes Bay. Back 5km to where I had been before then another 5km when I saw an ambulance and crew and an upturned car which had crashed through the fence after crossing the centre line. I would have been near here if I had carried on initially.

you are only mystified BECAUSE you are not psychic!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 09:44 AM

Ciderman I was once with a pal as we were leaving her house she just said oh no and put her head in her hands seconds later there was an almighty crash on the road at the top of her street.... we were not in any danger but she knew it was about to happen.....spooky isn't it...I reckon you had a lucky escape..
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 10:40 AM

Instinct Ciderz.
We can't explain it, but it is still there.
It happens to many people including me.
I am so used to it now.
Trust your instincts.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->

Interesting Ciderman. I certainly believe in all that although can't explain it. I don't think it is anything to be scared of because somewhere, someone or something is looking out for you.

My Nan told me the story of when she had a similar feeling when she was young. She felt that something terrible had happened. My Granddad was a bit late home because he had missed his usual bus; but the bus he would have normally caught had hit a bridge and the people at the front top deck (where he always sat) had been killed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Interesting Ciderman. I certainly believe in all that although can't explain it. I don't think it is anything to be scared of because somewhere, someone or something is looking out for you.

My Nan told me the story of when she had a similar feeling when she was young. She felt that something terrible had happened. My Granddad was a bit late home because he had missed his usual bus; but the bus he would have normally caught had hit a bridge and the people at the front top deck (where he always sat) had been killed.

I agree with Longdogs.

We should always listen to our instincts, gut feelings, or whatever name you wish to give these things.
You don't have to have an explanation, just accept, and be grateful.

Glad you kept safe, Ciderman.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with Longdogs.

We should always listen to our instincts, gut feelings, or whatever name you wish to give these things.
You don't have to have an explanation, just accept, and be grateful.

Glad you kept safe, Ciderman.
I agree . Yes Ciderman. I believe you were wise to listen to your instincts. I’m also glad you are safe.
Very cool actually.
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

08-09-2019, 09:33 AM

Wow, Thank goodness you turned back.
I've had a similar experience, when I suddenly felt worried and uneasy for no reason at all.
We were out for the day and I insisted on going home, much to my husbands annoyance.
When we got there, our house had been broken into

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top