Join for free
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 10:05 PM

The Predator.

Anyone seen this yet?
I thought it was pretty good and crying out for a sequel.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 10:07 PM

Re: The Predator.

Predator is back ? Wow !!!!

Missed this one but will make a point of finding it

https://youtu.be/50_Ala5BKBo
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Predator is back ? Wow !!!!

Missed this one but will make a point of finding it

https://youtu.be/50_Ala5BKBo
Only just out on dvd mate - last week.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:29 PM

I love the Predator films and the crossovers with Alien too. The comments below the video don't seem too promising but I'm sure I will watch it.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

15-02-2019, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I love the Predator films and the crossovers with Alien too. The comments below the video don't seem too promising but I'm sure I will watch it.
The usual comments by cretins mate.
It's a decent action flick with good effects.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
The usual comments by cretins mate.
It's a decent action flick with good effects.
Thanks. Tbh, What I saw in the trailer looked good.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 01:23 AM

Have watched it on Amazon Prime. A bit A-Teamish in parts but not a bad film overall. A nice bit of gore and some decent action sequences.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 01:53 AM

The original "Predator" is one of my favourite movies, but, with regard to the latest franchise addition:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_predator

On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 32% based on 257 reviews, and an average rating of 4.9/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "The Predator has violence and quips to spare, but its chaotically hollow action adds up to another missed opportunity for a franchise increasingly defined by disappointment."

Mark Kermode noted that it was a 'Black & Dekker' production - a DIY mish-mash of whatever ideas, scripts and effects were lying aound in the garage .....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

16-02-2019, 10:22 AM

I don't think it matters what the so called critics etc say. It simply depends whether you enjoy it yourself. That's all that matters really.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-02-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I don't think it matters what the so called critics etc say. It simply depends whether you enjoy it yourself. That's all that matters really.
Yes, I think we have to decide for ourselves really. I do sometimes look at reviews but they can change depending on what site you are reading. So for instance, Rotten tomatoes is mainly made up of those wishing to complain about a film whereas another site might give it good reviews.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top