Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 01:03 AM

Re: Women Pension Risk

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well I will have to work until 67 unless I find a way around it. I would not mind at all if companies were queuing up for older workers. I understand why this has happened. I think it should have been phased in more gently. I feel envious of women who retired at 60 and have a good pension and go on exotic holidays without having to go back to work after the trip. I envisage we will eventually all have to work until we die. I feel sorry for myself but sorrier for our children and grandchildren. There are just too many old people living too long and maybe some of them should be encouraged to go back to work as a lifestyle choice. The government should be giving companies tax breaks to take on pensioners.
Yes there are planned pension changes again. My brother is 71 and still working but that was his own choice. He wants to work. I want to retire at my given first date. .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 08:09 AM

I had to wait an extra year before I got my pension, but I also had a private one so it made it easier.
I am afraid that we all fought for equality, so it does seem fair that men get their pensions at the same age as women.....and they were never going to reduce men's pension age to 60, were they?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 09:47 AM

Men also seen as the main breadwinner? had a head start with contributions as their career span is longer.

I know many women were discriminated against in the work place salary wise. Also some women contary to popular belief do not do well after divorce. Especially with pension share agreements. It's only after the emotional turmoil has died down they often find themselves worse off. It's only the solicitors that get rich
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Men also seen as the main breadwinner? had a head start with contributions as their career span is longer.

I know many women were discriminated against in the work place salary wise. Also some women contary to popular belief do not do well after divorce. Especially with pension share agreements. It's only after the emotional turmoil has died down they often find themselves worse off. It's only the solicitors that get rich
That made me smile! I had a phone call yesterday from a solicitor practice 70 miles from my home. They said they were calling to help me with any claim I may have, regarding health, following my accident. This was my reply.....
" If I had had an accident and if I thought I had a justified reason to claim compensation, I would call a local solicitor, that I know and trust..... not some desperate solicitor from miles away,who thinks it is alright to cold call a stranger, who hasn't had an accident that she wants to claim for. Mind you, if you are so keen on this practice perhaps you could offer some financial compensation for my stubbing my toe as I rushed to answer your call!
She replied " I am so sorry to have troubled you and will now remove your name from our list"
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->

True but on average men still die earlier than women, though i believe this gap is closing.

Successive governments have had data from the census to inform their choices, it should have been evident that life expectancy was increasing, pensions would need to be payed for.

Change is needed and some have lost out, al are now expected to work longer before retiring, yet how many think a 70 year old man can be expected to be working in heavy industry ? or Policemen /Firemen functioning at an advanced age.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 10:57 AM

I get it, more of us and living longer.

They let me know years ago my Pension was being deferred until I was sixty two and a bit but i had no inkling they had deferred it a second time until I was sixty five and a half. Not a single word.

It wasn't until I look it up on GOV.uk that I realized what the dastardly nuggets had done.

Two more years to go and counting ... : - )

I really admire what the WASPI women are doing but the Government is playing a long game, their Pensions will be through before the Government has any intention of even looking at it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 11:20 AM

Mines 67 now but I doubt I'll be in work that long. What gets me I was involved in protests to equalise the pension ages as it seemed unfair to men, what I wanted was men to retire when women did but this has obviously back fired on me big time.

I know the argument we live longer but really I promise not all of us do its just put many of us in a catagory we will work until we die.

It's also ignore child rearing, elderly parent care and we don't earn as much as men anyway.

Oh and if this had been in place from when I started work perhaps I may have made different decisions and saved for a pension but bringing it to me so late in life there is no way to do anything about it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 11:22 AM

Hi

Successive Governments have known about the issue for many years.

It would have been better to increase NI Contributions some years ago to avoid this problem.
Goldielocks
Spain

09-03-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That made me smile! I had a phone call yesterday from a solicitor practice 70 miles from my home. They said they were calling to help me with any claim I may have, regarding health, following my accident. This was my reply.....
" If I had had an accident and if I thought I had a justified reason to claim compensation, I would call a local solicitor, that I know and trust..... not some desperate solicitor from miles away,who thinks it is alright to cold call a stranger, who hasn't had an accident that she wants to claim for. Mind you, if you are so keen on this practice perhaps you could offer some financial compensation for my stubbing my toe as I rushed to answer your call!
She replied " I am so sorry to have troubled you and will now remove your name from our list"
Haha nice one
Goldielocks
Spain

09-03-2017, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Successive Governments have known about the issue for many years.

It would have been better to increase NI Contributions some years ago to avoid this problem.
Swim I agree with most of your comments but how much more do you want us to to pay in contributions. I seemed to pay higher contributions than my ex husband and taxed accordingly. I chose in 1976 to pay the full rate contribution in NI. Many women misguided in my opinion paid the lower rate. Mens contributions stayed the same regardless.

Julie many women due to financial pressures have no option but to work, have a family and care for elderly relative.

I paid and many others have paid those contributions and want what is rightly theirs .

By choice I wanted to work but I also want fairness for all women.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top