Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 03:15 PM

Where the bleep did I put my glasses?!

This is for anyone who, like me, flatly refuses to wear one of those ghastly glasses chains round your neck.

This is absolutely fool proof, it takes a bit of practice, but it's worth persevering, even if people hear you and decide (if they haven't done so already) that you're barking...

When you put your glasses down you say out loud where you are putting them.
It's as simple as that!
So in Mup's case she would've said out loud , "I'm putting my glasses in the plant pot!"...Actually the dafter the place the more likely you are to remember.

Then, when the inevitable time comes, and you say to yourself, "Where the bleep are my glasses?", the chances are pretty good that you will recall what you'd announced to yourself and the world earlier, whenever and wherever it was that you put them down.

Try it and see...
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 03:17 PM

Re: Where the bleep did I put my glasses?!

Very clever and ingenious!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 03:18 PM

Because this time I chose one pair of specs and one pair of prescription Sunglasses, I am dependent on just the one pair that I seem to be forever searching for. Try looking for them though when I am already wearing them! Doh!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 03:23 PM

ruthio, You should get that idea patented, you could make millions!
Maybe, it would be easier if we had our glasses on a ribbon pinned to us, like they do with baby dummies!

No smiley here as this is no laughing matter..
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 03:28 PM

Everytime I lose something, I call in the experts to look for it, Cristopher Columbus Discovery Ltd, they have never let me down, apparently they even found the Americas, I wasn't even aware they had been lost. If they can find a whole continent they will have no problems finding a pair of glasses.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
This is for anyone who, like me, flatly refuses to wear one of those ghastly glasses chains round your neck.

This is absolutely fool proof, it takes a bit of practice, but it's worth persevering, even if people hear you and decide (if they haven't done so already) that you're barking...

When you put your glasses down you say out loud where you are putting them.
It's as simple as that!
So in Mup's case she would've said out loud , "I'm putting my glasses in the plant pot!"...Actually the dafter the place the more likely you are to remember.

Then, when the inevitable time comes, and you say to yourself, "Where the bleep are my glasses?", the chances are pretty good that you will recall what you'd announced to yourself and the world earlier, whenever and wherever it was that you put them down.

Try it and see...
Good tip I will pass it on to himself as he is always losing his glasses, or leaving his keys in the front door .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 03:39 PM

But I already use that method when I know I have to climb the stairs to get something. I deliberately say out loud: "I must get my scarf" to remind myself, but guaranteed, after the laborious climb up the stairs which get's me breathless nowadays I inevitably still stand at the top like an idiot thinking "what did I want up here?".

Maybe I should put it on my forehead in indelible ink!
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 03:48 PM

I have a designated place for each room and I make myself put them there. I've learned to my cost.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 03:58 PM

My secret Lazec treatment. I now have 20/20 vision.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 04:01 PM

My Daughter finally got so fed up with losing her specs that she bought those glasses chains you so despise, Ruthieo.
Me, I never lose mine, I always know where they are, about the only thing I do know where it is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top