Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 07:44 PM

Women Pension Risk

Any other ladies affected by this. My original retirement date would have been this month aged 63 and then it was moved to 65 and 7 months.

I bit the bullet and live off a private pension and savings. I probably would have worked till longer if I had stayed in the UK but decided you are a long time dead.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-39195325
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:08 PM

Re: Women Pension Risk

Yes, I've joined WASPI, unfortunately I couldn't go to the huge protest march in London today, there's a thread all about it.http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=29743
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:12 PM

Yes, I missed out by a couple of months.

Pain in the butt.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:16 PM

I'm being hit with Bedroom Tax too, I've downsized once, now my youngest is leaving UNI and moving out I'll have to move again because the exemption is pension age. I can't afford to move and haven't got the energy either!
My pension age is now 65 and 7 months too!
The WASPIE women are doing a good job, but yet again the media seem to be ignoring the protests etc.
Theresa May keeps on about no woman having to wait more than 18 months, but that's rubbish!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:32 PM

Hi

A simple fact of life.

None of us have paid in enough to pay for our Pensions.

A fact known by Governments, both Labour and Tory for many years.

Electoral Bribery in both cases.

The chickens have come home to roost.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A simple fact of life.

None of us have paid in enough to pay for our Pensions.

A fact known by Governments, both Labour and Tory for many years.

Electoral Bribery in both cases.

The chickens have come home to roost.
So my 42 years working in the public sector does not constitute for bugger all oops potty mouth
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

08-03-2017, 11:12 PM

No notice was given to most of us!
Women, usually, have always earned less than men, had to bring up kids, look after elderly parents and spouses sometimes when they become elderly, had to take low paid, part time jobs, we were expecting pensions at 60
I agree with Swimfeeders that we have not paid in enough to cover pensions now that folk are living longer but, the extension should have been done in a fairer way with more notice.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 12:52 AM

Well I will have to work until 67 unless I find a way around it. I would not mind at all if companies were queuing up for older workers. I understand why this has happened. I think it should have been phased in more gently. I feel envious of women who retired at 60 and have a good pension and go on exotic holidays without having to go back to work after the trip. I envisage we will eventually all have to work until we die. I feel sorry for myself but sorrier for our children and grandchildren. There are just too many old people living too long and maybe some of them should be encouraged to go back to work as a lifestyle choice. The government should be giving companies tax breaks to take on pensioners.
Goldielocks
Spain

09-03-2017, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm being hit with Bedroom Tax too, I've downsized once, now my youngest is leaving UNI and moving out I'll have to move again because the exemption is pension age. I can't afford to move and haven't got the energy either!
My pension age is now 65 and 7 months too!
The WASPIE women are doing a good job, but yet again the media seem to be ignoring the protests etc.
Theresa May keeps on about no woman having to wait more than 18 months, but that's rubbish!
That's terrible Tess. Unfortunately Theresa May doesn't understand the plight of most ordinary women and probably has a good pension.

I was happy to retire at my given retirement date next month but to be told a few years down the line the goalpost have changed. A friend of mine born a few months earlier will be getting her pension. Not fair is it.

I certainly was not going to work any longer, but you pay the price.
Goldielocks
Spain

09-03-2017, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
No notice was given to most of us!
Women, usually, have always earned less than men, had to bring up kids, look after elderly parents and spouses sometimes when they become elderly, had to take low paid, part time jobs, we were expecting pensions at 60
I agree with Swimfeeders that we have not paid in enough to cover pensions now that folk are living longer but, the extension should have been done in a fairer way with more notice.
I realise that too Tess. I also had to look after aging parents whilst still having to hold down a job.

They certainly should have worked out a fairer system.

I was being flippant. Sorry if it came over the wrong way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top