Join for free
Page 246 of 255 « First < 146 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 > Last »
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 10:33 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

I always have lunch and dinner, but rarely ever eat breakfast. I know I should, but I'm just not hungry in the morning.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 07:08 AM

I'm also not hungry in the mornings but I have breakfast because of my Diabetes, otherwise I wouldn't.

Today its my usual:

Smoked Haddock, Jersey Potatoes, Savoy Cabbage & Sweetcorn.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 12:43 PM

Hello Im Nom , im a T2 diabetic, and since my legs failed because of Neuropathy two years ago i get around using a rollator.

I am unable to exercise at the moment due to a chronic wound from an operation 3 years ago, this is nearly healed and i hope to be swimming again before the year is out.

This had led to me gaining weight, and im in the process of drastically altering my diet to reduce the effects of some food groups on my Blood glucose.

So i will add bits from time to time hopefully of interest to some of my fellow members.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 12:49 PM

So after asking on another thread about ideas for breakfast i decided to try one this morning.

My morning fasting BG test was 5, very good, so i made porridge with water and allowed it to cool, before adding two spoons of greek yoghurt and a sprinkling of seeds.

My two hour after test was 7.5 so im fairly happy with that.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I'm also not hungry in the mornings but I have breakfast because of my Diabetes, otherwise I wouldn't.

Today its my usual:

Smoked Haddock, Jersey Potatoes, Savoy Cabbage & Sweetcorn.
My cousin has diabetes and I have to get on her often because she'll sometimes skip breakfast. The problem with my cousin is her diet is crap. I've tried suggesting tons of different healthful foods and recipes she could try, but they're very stuck in their ways and have the same things for most meals.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Hello Im Nom , im a T2 diabetic, and since my legs failed because of Neuropathy two years ago i get around using a rollator.

I am unable to exercise at the moment due to a chronic wound from an operation 3 years ago, this is nearly healed and i hope to be swimming again before the year is out.

This had led to me gaining weight, and im in the process of drastically altering my diet to reduce the effects of some food groups on my Blood glucose.

So i will add bits from time to time hopefully of interest to some of my fellow members.
Post away. We could always use new faces
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

13-07-2018, 09:24 AM

Saturated fats in yoghurt, cheese and butter do NOT increase the risk of heart disease - and may actually prevent a stroke

Eating full-fat dairy actually reduces the risk of dying from stroke by 42%
Dietary guidelines recommend people people opt for low or no-fat dairy
Low or no fat often contain high amounts of sugar, which drives heart disease
Dairy contains nutrients such as calcium, which lowers blood pressure

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...t-disease.html

I have followed this advice for a while, i ditched the so called heathy spreads for Butter, and use Full Fat yoghurt in my diet, anyone else do the same. ?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 02:37 PM

Your sugar levels sounds good to me Nom, mine was 7.1
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

13-07-2018, 02:37 PM

Nom, did you look at the Diabetic site that I gave you?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

13-07-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Nom, did you look at the Diabetic site that I gave you?
Sorry Susie must have missed it.
Linda0818
USA

13-07-2018, 03:24 PM

Saturated fats in yoghurt, cheese and butter do NOT increase the risk of heart disease - and may actually prevent a stroke

Eating full-fat dairy actually reduces the risk of dying from stroke by 42%
Dietary guidelines recommend people people opt for low or no-fat dairy
Low or no fat often contain high amounts of sugar, which drives heart disease
Dairy contains nutrients such as calcium, which lowers blood pressure

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...t-disease.html

I have followed this advice for a while, i ditched the so called heathy spreads for Butter, and use Full Fat yoghurt in my diet, anyone else do the same. ?
To a point. I too ditched the margarines with so many ingredients, half of which I can't even pronounce, for real butter and yogurt spreads. I did that long ago because, until trans fat was banned from foods in the U.S., margarine was FULL of that junk.

I used to be horribly fat-phobic. I wouldn't even touch the healthy oils. Everything I ate had to be fat-free. And I mean everything. I avoided cheese, I avoided fatty meats, I drank only skimmed milk and other fat-free dairy, I separated the yolk from my eggs and ate only the whites, etc etc etc. I was bad. And I didn't do it in fear of getting fat from the fat (because, like I've said before, fat alone doesn't make you fat) nor was I afraid, at the time, of heart attacks and strokes. It was my way of cutting calories. Anywhere I could calories, I did it. And by eliminating fat, it gave me more room to eat other foods because fat, gram for gram, is higher in calories than protein and carbohydrates. There are 9 calories in one gram of fat, compared to 4 calories in one gram of carbohydrate and one gram of protein.

However, while I still eat reduced-fat versions of some things, I've relaxed quite a bit and I'm not the serious food snob I used to be. I've also put back on quite a bit of weight since relaxing my food habits a bit. But I'd rather be fat and happy than skinny and miserable.

Page 246 of 255 « First < 146 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top