Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 11:24 PM

Energy Price Rises

Just seen this bad news:

Quote:

Warning. A SECOND round of energy price hikes on the cards as EDF raises prices (again).

Only 3 weeks ago, E.on became the last of the Big 6 energy firms to announce a price hike. Then last week EDF announced it's putting up prices for the 2nd time this year, by 6% in August, blaming a continued rise in wholesale prices.

Generally, when one energy firm does this, the others follow like sheep. DON'T LET THEM RIP YOU OFF. Act now - many can save £350+/year.
Just do a Cheap Energy Club comparison.

Unquote.

Whatever is it going to cost us to keep warm this winter?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 11:47 PM

Re: Energy Price Rises

Hi

A lot of our energy is imported and we are suffering because of the fall in the £.

We import electricity from France, they sting us for it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 01:25 PM

For the amount I use I wouldn't benefit at all by switching.

True story: When I moved in here 11 years ago, the payment method was by a card which you took to the Post Office and paid by cash.

There are 2 houses in my stair, 1F1 (mine) and 1F2 - these aren't flats as I have an upstairs and a downstairs. The electricity company sent me 2 sets of cards, one for each house. It took me a good month to sort it all out and their customer service was atrocious. They insisted that I pay for both houses and that 1F2 was around £1200 in debt. I think at the time my neighbours consisted of around 10 Eastern Europeans who would do nothing about something as mundane as power bills.

I had to get my M.P. involved as Scottish Power were useless when I explained that I only had 1 property not 2.

I've been with SSE ever since and find them very good. They supply my electricity, gas and broadband which I pay quarterly online. Even switching to direct debits (which I hate) would only save me a few pounds a year.

Living on my own, I am a low energy consumer.

2 years ago when I had Delirium I forgot the pin numbers to 2 cards so had no way of paying until I could get out of hospital and to my bank. They were very understanding then.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 02:58 PM

I am on a fixed price until the end of December and have built up a good surplus due to low use through the summer on which I am paid interest.
I guess my tarrif will go up in December unless I move to a new supplier.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Just seen this bad news:

Quote:

Warning. A SECOND round of energy price hikes on the cards as EDF raises prices (again).

Only 3 weeks ago, E.on became the last of the Big 6 energy firms to announce a price hike. Then last week EDF announced it's putting up prices for the 2nd time this year, by 6% in August, blaming a continued rise in wholesale prices.

Generally, when one energy firm does this, the others follow like sheep. DON'T LET THEM RIP YOU OFF. Act now - many can save £350+/year.
Just do a Cheap Energy Club comparison.

Unquote.

Whatever is it going to cost us to keep warm this winter?
You just mentioned the solution: do a comparison using the Cheap Energy Club.

We are still fortunate to have open competition in power supply. Use it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 03:58 PM

We swap companies every year, and by coincidence I have just signed up for a new deal today with Bulb.co.uk, who are promising a five hundred quid saving against our current supplier npower on our current usage.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We swap companies every year, and by coincidence I have just signed up for a new deal today with Bulb.co.uk, who are promising a five hundred quid saving against our current supplier npower on our current usage.....
Just looked at 'Bulb' Barry and got a quote, they say I will save £15 a year switching that about a £1 a month and doesn't include the interest I get on my surplus which is I think 5% now
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Just looked at 'Bulb' Barry and got a quote, they say I will save £15 a year switching that about a £1 a month and doesn't include the interest I get on my surplus which is I think 5% now
Crikey you must be on a good rate then Meg, are you also frugal with power living on your own? The savings for us promised by Bulb do of course take into account the price rises of the bigger companies planned for this autumn, which are quite substantial I believe.

What does baffle me though about these companies is how they can be so competitive one year and nowhere near the cheapest the next. We have been with six different companies over the last six years but it is so easy to swap now with just the push of a button I'm always bemused by the people who can't be bothered, because if everyone did bother to swap they'd all have to have lower prices to compete!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:18 PM

I'm one of those who can't be bothered to swap - more hassle than it's worth, besides, as I outlined above, mine have been very good.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm one of those who can't be bothered to swap - more hassle than it's worth, besides, as I outlined above, mine have been very good.
Wow, that doesn't sound like a 'careful' Scotsman, Ffosse.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top