Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 12:16 AM

Re: Badger

How lucky you were to see Brock, Muddy.

I loads of squashed one's in the roads round here, so there must be plenty about, but never come across a live one yet.

Mungo was a good boy, wasn't he.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 12:38 AM

I do feel privileged to have seen it it quite made our walk .
Mungo is a star
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 12:47 AM

Hi Muddy

I have never heard of a badger before, I should have known as they are in the USA and I have been all over the States, but anyway I googled it, and for those who don't know what they are, here is a picture........

Gee, that is a strange looking animal....

Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Hi Muddy

I have never heard of a badger before, I should have known as they are in the USA and I have been all over the States, but anyway I googled it, and for those who don't know what they are, here is a picture........

Gee, that is a strange looking animal....

Hi Blue...it's kind of cute, but I've never seen one either.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Blue...it's kind of cute, but I've never seen one either.
Hi Filly I read that they are in Wisconsin. But maybe we don't have anything like that around here. I am would be a bit leary if I faced it........
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Hi Filly I read that they are in Wisconsin. But maybe we don't have anything like that around here. I am would be a bit leary if I faced it........
I know eh, Blue ...it sort of looks like half porcupine and half skunk...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 10:20 AM

We don’t have badgers in Canada but they are pretty darn cute.
It is nice seeing wild animals in their natural habitat.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 12:05 PM

I was wrong about the badger not existing here in Canada. We do have them and they are called American Badgers.
They live in southern British Columbia, all the prairie provinces and southern Ontario. ( Norfolk, Middlesex areas & Thunder Bay and Rainy River Districts.

There are thought to be 200 in Ontario but they are an endangered species, believed to become an extinct species, which is sad.

The biggest threat is loss of grassy habitat which surprises me greatly because here in Ontario there are plenty of grass fields everywhere.

When badgers feel threatened they release a foul smelling musk and are known to hiss.

I’ve got to admit though that your badgers are cuter than ours.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	F8BAD168-A757-4915-984C-B19441BB9097.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	7377  
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 12:29 AM

I have occasionally seen badgers in my garden but only at night. They sort of waddle when they walk.
I understand there is a big fine if you kill one.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 12:41 AM

I don't know about that Art they are doing this big cull on badgers because they say they give TB to cattle .( There is no real evidence for this)
Brian May has been campaigning against it for years

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top