Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

30-08-2013, 02:09 AM

Re: Camping!

Hello Wrinkly,this was my set up when i was gold prospecting,quick set up and pack up,only my sore spine stopped me doing it!

Regards Billy
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 08:10 AM

Good grief, Bruce and William ~ flat ground ????
what luxury
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 09:54 AM

I started camping with my friends when I was in my teens. When we got motorbikes we had greater freedom to travel. Only needed basic equipment and 'wild camped' in secluded spots.

After meeting Dianne and graduating to a car (Moggie Minor), we used that to go camping, but would use B&B on occasions. When our son was born, we mainly used B&Bs, but the excuses people used to refuse accomodation to young families were flimsy in the extreme, so we turned to self catering.

After our daughters were born, we got our first camper van, and we've had one ever since. As for tent camping, this seems to be divided between those who use fairly basic kit (as camping used to be) and those who insist on a five star campsite with electric hookup for tents, 100% mobile phone coverage and of course a a TV cable so that they can watch their 40" plasma TV while "getting back to nature".

We're getting a bit soft now and camping (in all its forms) is not particularly cheap. We only use the motorhome in better weather (Mar - Nov) and over winter, we fly and stay in hotels.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 09:59 AM

They are not slumming it, that was me joking.
They sent an email showing where they had pitched and then later their evening meal and menu.
local sourced fillet steak,
mushrooms covered in Stilton
and corn on the cob
and a great big bottle of wine.
They have sent another this morning, a good nights sleep, not cold in fact warmer than there [West Yorks}
Showered and in shorts, off sight seeing bye.
that was before I had my breakfast, cor I am getting itchy feet.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

30-08-2013, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Good grief, Bruce and William ~ flat ground ????
what luxury
William! thats what my mother used to call me when dinner was ready when i was a kid in Liverpool,stick her head out the front door and shout it down the street,i always expected a big Dalmation to charge past me! lol.never forgot that TV advertisement for Pal dog food I think it was!

I miss my swag,not the bugs and red dust,I just miss being in the scrub!

Kind Regards William.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 02:02 AM

No, camping in a field would definitely not be for me, not at any age. The very thought of it makes me shudder. On the rare occasion I have been away on holiday, I like to be catered for.
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA
lowfiron is male  lowfiron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 02:13 AM

I love camping. haven't been in a while. soon I hope. I got a new tent!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 03:05 AM

To the person who asked me - this is my 3 second tent:

I have been dead pleased with it. So easy to use. I rarely use the guy ropes unless it is really windy just four pegs in the base to hold it down.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
No, camping in a field would definitely not be for me, not at any age. The very thought of it makes me shudder. On the rare occasion I have been away on holiday, I like to be catered for.
Even when we have more luxurious surrounds (going to a cottage in a couple of weeks) we self cater, for me being catered for would be a nightmare certainly wouldn't enjoy the holiday. Funny how we are all so different
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 07:23 PM

The girls came home 30 mins ago, full of beans had a great time, already planning their next trip.
There is no doubt once you have had a great holiday with good weather, you get the bug.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top