Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 04:35 PM

Re: Fun Being Disabled!!

A film focusing on the disabled with a great sense of humor. Biographical “The Intouchables” 2011 France – it’s listed as drama but I would class it slapstick humor – with a twist of sex and romance – francois cluzet , Omar Sy – a quadriplegic hires a caregiver – recommended!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 12:49 AM

I have a maths disability –apparently? – I spent a few weeks with my son and family recently and was of course very willing to assist the grandkids with their homework assignments, particularly as their dad is teaching in the same school and comes home tired or late!

Imagine my surprise when helping one grandchild to do his maths homework on a school website link. He was having trouble doing it his way. So I demonstrated it my way – eg 152 + 139 – 9+2 = 11 – 1 down and carry 1 etc etc. He said he had never been taught to do it that way. Once my son arrived home he concurred with his son – they are now teaching maths a different way! – Well my maths I have been using for 65 yrs and it has stood me in good steady, got me good jobs and allowed me to do my own banking on the net.

I am reminded of the adage – if it’s still working don’t mess about with it!!

So no disability for me and millions of other oldies around the world but it is if you have young grandkids wanting help with their maths homework!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

16-09-2015, 01:13 AM

group of senior citizens were sitting in the foyer of their retirement home waiting for the new physical fitness professional to arrive. Some with walking sticks, others with zimmer frames, others with a limp, others with crutches. In she walks and with a beam says " good morning all, this must be my new class and heading off for the gym she calls out - walk this way please"

one wiley old gentleman chirps up " I doubt if anyone of us could walk that way dear"!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top