Join for free
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2010, 05:12 PM

I write children's short stories

My stories seem well received by my grandchildren, their friends and other people's kids. Two publishers have been interested (they contacted me), but as they want money upfront there is no way I am going down that route. Does anyone know how I can find a reputable publisher, preferably in the UK, who doesn't want any money in advance of publication?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2010, 05:15 PM

Re: I write children's short stories

I would try contacting some of the big publishers and seeing how you get on with them.

I think the children's book sector is very competitive so it can be tough - but definitely get your work out there you may find one of the publishers love your stuff!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2010, 05:25 PM

I have tried but most won't even look at you unless you have an agent!
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
I have tried but most won't even look at you unless you have an agent!
Hi Getta

That does seem to be the case. I tried years ago to get some children's stories published only to be rejected time and time again. Obviously they could have been rubbish.
I obtained publishers from the writers and artists yearbook which my husband always had as he was an author of educational books on HR. Also good idea to look at already published children's books aimed at the same age as yours to see who publishes them. Of course you may have already done this so apologies if so.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2010, 08:13 PM

Try this Quetta: http://www.writersandartists.co.uk
Dancingsky
None

15-09-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Try this Quetta: http://www.writersandartists.co.uk
Thanks.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top