Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 03:11 PM

Re: A very bleak mood...

Ahnedonia - inability to feel pleasure in normally pleasurable activities is what I've got.

It could also be called plain depression; I find that I'm not enjoying anything, have to force myself to eat, the days seem meaningless and the nights torturous with troubled sleep. I'm not going out today for fear of falling in the frost.

I can't see an end to my problem, I'm just muddling through.

My G.P. appointment is on the 18th, I may try and see if I can get one sooner, perhaps get some pills that will help me sleep. Last night was familiar - around 6am 'til 10.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Ahnedonia - inability to feel pleasure in normally pleasurable activities is what I've got.

It could also be called plain depression; I find that I'm not enjoying anything, have to force myself to eat, the days seem meaningless and the nights torturous with troubled sleep. I'm not going out today for fear of falling in the frost.

I can't see an end to my problem, I'm just muddling through.

My G.P. appointment is on the 18th, I may try and see if I can get one sooner, perhaps get some pills that will help me sleep. Last night was familiar - around 6am 'til 10.

This page and article is currently on Huffington Post matey.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...3D518524109_uk
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 03:23 PM

Thanks Joe.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-12-2017, 04:42 PM

It may sound weird, selfish and indicative of my bleak mood, but I almost wish my cancer would return so that I could be hospitalised and taken care off - kind of a break. But these are terrible thoughts, I know, they just keep churning through my mind.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-12-2017, 04:53 PM

I've even thought of pretending to rob a building society (with fake gun) just to get 5 years in jail - I'd be looked after and out of the way. That is my craziest thought yet, I wouldn't do it, couldn't harm anyone else, but life right now is worse than purgatory.

Also, I don't want to put a downer on this thread (but I just have).
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 06:25 PM

Dreamy!!!!!
What is going on?
Stop thinking such stuff.
Sorry I have missed some posts.
What can we do to support you?
Vega
Europe
Vega is female  Vega has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 06:44 PM

Sorry to hear that you are so depressed.
Try to communicate more with people who care, who also need warmth and hope.
I am a good listener.
Cheer up.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-12-2017, 06:46 PM

Thanks, but I find I can't increasingly cope with people in RL.

On here it's different, but still a forum, I'm not sure what help I need.

Today I cooked fusilli with pesto sauce, tomatoes, red onions and bacon. I could scarcely taste - let alone enjoy - it.

Tomorrow I get some money owed to me and will put it in my account, try to visit the actual bank, and then I have to buy a stamp and post a letter.

But I'm actually thinking darker thoughts all the time now.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 07:01 PM

Ffosse, you are not alone there are many of us like you out here, we just have to put a brave face on it. Many nights I have dreamed of hanging myself but thank God for my dog Amber, she keeps me going. Have you thought of getting a pet?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-12-2017, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Ffosse, you are not alone there are many of us like you out here, we just have to put a brave face on it. Many nights I have dreamed of hanging myself but thank God for my dog Amber, she keeps me going. Have you thought of getting a pet?
Well, I'm glad I'm not alone but am sad that others are suffering, too.

I like dogs and cats but don't want the responsibility of looking after them.

My mind tells me this will pass. But when?

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top