Join for free
Page 16 of 16 « First < 6 14 15 16
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 04:19 PM

Re: Home Gardens

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Think so. I have NEVER seen a snake in the UK.

Looks like a Slow Worm to me too - legless lizards they call 'em.
Where's our Nom when we need him?

Here some info on them:

https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/wildl...iles/slow-worm

I'm going Nom hunting, half a mo . . . . .
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dave H ->
[IMG]
[/IMG]

Just seen one like this in my garden.
Is this a slow worm ?
Yes it is ive only seen a few myself, providing its the same as what you saw.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 12:03 PM

Summer,i have just looked at your garden,in your photo album, your garden is beautiful, it looks like some of Chelsea gardens,very classy looking...packed full of shrubs and plants.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Summer,i have just looked at your garden,in your photo album, your garden is beautiful, it looks like some of Chelsea gardens,very classy looking...packed full of shrubs and plants.
Thank you for saying that Pauline .. its not really though its just so small I pile lots in and it looks colourful
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You should be proud of that garden Pesta,it's breathtakingly beautiful, you have a pond,it looks very mature?..do you have fish?
No, no fish Pauline. When I moved here it did originally have fish and a water fall. But the lady sold the fish and I took the water fall out as I was going to have the pond taken out.

But, so much wildlife appeared, I kept the pond - as a 'wildlife' pond rather than a feature pond.
I just bought some plants as there were none in it.
I came home one day to find two ducks in it. I posted a piccie which is around here somewhere.

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Nice garden Pesta
Thank you Nicol. Incidentally, after reading about your floods, you've done wonder with yours!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pesta your garden is wonderful, it must take a lot of hard work to keep it looking so immaculate.

I can't believe your considered moving house and leaving it ..
Thanks Meg! Listen, believe me, you can have it. It gives my sinuses no end of grief with all the conifers and damp

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Your garden looks so neat Pesta. Love it!
Thanks Dingalong. That's kind of you.... but I don't want it to look neat.... I wanted it a bit wildish - guess I failed

Originally Posted by summer ->
Very pretty garden Pesta.

Has anyone else noticed how vibrant the colour of everything is this year? Maybe it's just me..we had such a long winter and I couldn't wait for it to end.
Thank you too summer! Yes, the winter seemed to go on forever. I'm not usually bothered but I really felt it this year.

It's been wonderful the last few weeks here with that lovely yellow thing up in the sky

I have felt for those who have suffered with floods and storms recently. I think we've had one day of drizzle here and no storms at all.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 05:39 AM

Just an update on my garden,it has certainly grown,these last few months,I can honestly say,I haven't touched any of the trees,shrubs,just picked up dead leaves and tidied,

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	6608  
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 09:58 AM

It's lovely Pauline....it looks quite mystical there

I might take a picture of mine later but lots of the flowers are past their best and the rain has beaten stuff down.

There is water running in the stream now though but too late for many of the little fishes who perished when it dried up, doubtless more will come ...hopefully
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-07-2018, 10:06 AM

Thank you,Summer,those poor little fish,in that stream,,I would love to see a picture of your garden!.

Page 16 of 16 « First < 6 14 15 16

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top