Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 01:59 PM

Have You Ever Had A Facial At A Beauty Salon?

Last year, one of my daughters had a facial done. Her skin looked lovely.

At Christmas, amongst other presents, she had bought me a gift card for me to have a facial at the same beauty rooms.

She kept saying to me, ‘When are you going to have the facial done?’
So this week, l went in and booked an appointment.
I couldn’t believe it’s going to take up to 55 minutes! What on earth will the beautician be doing for that long?
I cleanse my face every night and apply night cream and it must take about 6 minutes, tops!
So l have to lie there for up to 55 minutes, what will l talk about, or am l supposed to keep silent?

I am having this treatment below....42 quid? I hope it’s not a rip off!!

Environ Manual Facial
Ideal for first-timers, the Environ Manual Facial offers a fantastic insight into this unique, scientifically driven range and the results you can expect. Once you’ve seen it for yourself you’ll definitely be back for more. The experience includes precleanse, exfoliation, cleanse, active serums for massage, alginate mask and moisturise. 45-55 mins | £42.00

Have you ever had a facial? What did you think to it? Would you consider having a facial?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 02:18 PM

Re: Have You Ever Had A Facial At A Beauty Salon?

Yes art , my daughter bought me a facial prior to her wedding , I hope your not disappointed , it will be nice but mine was really nothing special . A cleanse , a bit of massage , a mask applied and then I was left for 30 mins then it was cleaned off it was a treat but I'd never buy it for myself it's a nice indulgence do enjoy . Let us know how it went ,
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yes art , my daughter bought me a facial prior to her wedding , I hope your not disappointed , it will be nice but mine was really nothing special . A cleanse , a bit of massage , a mask applied and then I was left for 30 mins then it was cleaned off it was a treat but I'd never buy it for myself it's a nice indulgence do enjoy . Let us know how it went ,
Susan, l think l agree with you, in that, it will be nice but nothing special.

I don’t know if l should go make up free? It would be Sod’s law that l meet everyone l know, if l do!!

This is the same place that l once had my eyebrows tinted. I was handed a mirror to look at them but l couldn’t see the result properly as the room was very dim.
Afterwards, l went shopping and it wasn’t until l got back to my car and reversed out, did l catch sight in the mirror, of the two black slugs hanging over my eyes!
On my return home, I scrubbed them with Daz to try and lighten them!
These days, l tint them myself!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 02:48 PM

You can wear makeup because she'll cleanse your skin thoroughly before the massage and mask treatment begins.

But afterwards you might want to wear a paper bag over your head because your skin, if it's fair, might be a little rosy!!

And don't plan to do anything hugely important for a couple of days after in case the detox involved brings out a few spots
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2018, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
You can wear makeup because she'll cleanse your skin thoroughly before the massage and mask treatment begins.

But afterwards you might want to wear a paper bag over your head because your skin, if it's fair, might be a little rosy!!

And don't plan to do anything hugely important for a couple of days after in case the detox involved brings out a few spots
Thanks for the advice, ruthio.
Yes, l am fair skinned. Will a ‘bag for life’ do?
As for the spots.....I can tell everyone, l won the spot prize!!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 03:57 PM

Never had a facial but would like to try. I had my eyebrows waxed 2 weeks ago and the sill cow ripped my skin off!! Had a right mark for a few days .
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 05:06 PM

I've never had a facial and wouldn't want one. I don't wear makeup but I do cleanse and moisturise daily. A couple of weeks ago I was told I don't look my age which I was very pleased about.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 07:58 PM

I've never had a facial, never wanted one.

The thought of someone hovering over me with this treatment and that treatment would be my nightmare
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 10:23 PM

I've never had a proper facial. I can't because I have sensitive skin and I always stick to what I know. But I also hate the idea of letting anyone I'm not physically involved with do something so personal. I loathe going to the dentist, hairdresser or optician. It's funny I've never really thought about it until now but it makes me feel out of control.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-06-2018, 01:28 PM

Well, l have just got back from having the facial done.

I was surprised she told me to take my top, bra and trousers off and get under the blanket on the bed! I obeyed and the ‘ordeal’ began!

She dimmed the lights and played annoying music like l was in somewhere like Peru!
She cleansed my skin thoroughly, exfoliated it, applied hot towels...then the she started to give me a massage on my chest and arms, then my shoulders, neck and head. Oh no, l hate massages.... Gerr off, l thought but kept quiet!

Next the mask was applied. It completely covered my eyes and face and l felt like I was underground or what l imagined, an MRI tunnel would be like. Still the annoying music played and l was too scared to swallow in case the mask cracked. Then my nose started to itch and l wanted to scratch it but thought l’d wreck the mask!
She did lots more massage on my face and head but l was more bothered that my newly washed hair would get all greasy!

At last it was over and she told me to get dressed and take the capsule she had left me. Capsule? Was l booked in for euthanasia as well? She explained it contained collagen and vitamins.

She gave me a ‘prescription’ of the creams and serums she had used and recommended. I enquired the price of two of the products, one was £60, the other was £80! What? ‘Oh they last for ages’, she said!

I left the salon and kept my head down. With not a scrap of make up on my face, l didn’t want to bump into anyone, l knew!! Gotta think of my ‘street cred’!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top