Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 05:30 PM

How often and when do you charge your mobile phone?

Do you wait until it's right down to 0 or do you charge it when it's between say 20 and 40%?

Are you one of those who charge overnight?

I find that I'll charge to 100% just before going to bed. That way I'll only lose something like 10% or so listening to podcasts and have 80 something left in the morning. And in the morning, with my first cup of coffee, is when I listen to music on it, knowing it won't run out of charge.

I helped out a nurse when I was in hospital recently. She needed to charge using a USB-C lead which are still quite rare on phones and I was able to lend her mine for an hour.

Of course, I'm a geek and have 3 phones (1 too many, really, 2 is ideal) so rarely have I not got a device with some charge on it.

I really have too many gadgets: 3 phones, a MacBook, an iPad, 5 pairs of head/earphones, an Apple Watch all of which require charging. Of course I don't use them all at once.

I'm finding it hard to get on with Android on my Honor 10 after being used to iPhones.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 05:38 PM

Re: How often and when do you charge your mobile phone?

Once the battery level is 25% or less. You can over charge by topping up the charge and it lessens the battery life. The guy in Three told me this..
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 05:39 PM

Letting it get down to 0% is more dangerous. Most phones have a built in regulator which varies between 98 and 100% at the other end. So it's impossible to overcharge.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 05:42 PM

I charge mine when it reminds me usually at 14% unless I'm about to go out then I chance it will last until I get back.
I never let it run out completely.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

12-07-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I charge mine when it reminds me usually at 14% unless I'm about to go out then I chance it will last until I get back.
I never let it run out completely.
That's the sensible thing to do. I find myself charging when it gets to around 50% so I don't know at what point it would remind me.

Coming out of a 4 day hospital stay, my iPad was still at 76% and my 2 other phones were in the 30% range.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 05:47 PM

Android phones have a battery saver option which kicks in when the battery drops to a certain level so you can use it a bit longer before charging. They also `beep` to let you know when to charge your phone.

IMO in it's pure form (no bloat from phone manufacturers), Android Orio (8.1.0) is superior to Apple's offering.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 05:51 PM

When it reminds me plus, I have a charging lead in the car. Or for emergencies, a portable charging module.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

12-07-2018, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Android phones have a battery saver option which kicks in when the battery drops to a certain level so you can use it a bit longer before charging. They also `beep` to let you know when to charge your phone.

IMO in it's pure form (no bloat from phone manufacturers), Android Orio (8.1.0) is superior to Apple's offering.
I've got the Honor 10 with Oreo and an iPhone X. The Honor has very little bloat on it and is very fast but I couldn't say if it was superior to an iPhone.

There is a lot to say for the simplicity of iPhones and the fact that they are supported more than any Android.

The Honor 10 does have aptX HD on it, though, and it's very subtle but I can notice an improvement over the aac codec Apple uses. That, plus I wanted a phone that was 128GB without a microSD slot.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 05:59 PM

My phone will last two weeks, before it needs charging, but, if I use it to post, it will last just a day. Like Judd mine is the same.
Takes two hours to be fully charged.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:03 PM

I charge mine every couple of months or so, as it is very rarely used.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top