Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:57 AM

Re: This made me giggle

I admire princess Anne & feel that too many people judge her on how she behaved as a younger woman.

I don't think she enjoyed being a royal, but she did do a lot of work and conducted her duties with dignity.....as her mother always did.

She has always tried to keep her children out of the limelight, so they didn't suffer the constant interference of the press, and in my mind, that also made her a good mother!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
This made me giggle

So you fantasize about sexual assault, and violence.
I'm sure Anne could quell any unwanted approach with just one of her looks

Now I have a mental picture of Trump doing the "hokey cokey" trying to decide whether to try to hold hands!
frankieboy
New Member!
Yorkshire
frankieboy is male 

11-07-2018, 10:06 AM

I mean are you sure Trump would do that?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 10:13 AM

Interesting reactions on here to the phrase "doesn't suffer fools gladly" ...I would have thought it applied to at least half a dozen of the regular posters!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 10:21 AM

It's was the context Ruthio.
The arrogant and snobbish implication that Princess Anne is somehow to be respected as a superior person who doesn't suffer fools gladly as if she is something special being instead of a fairly average sort of person blessed by the lottery of birth to be in a privileged position .

( she is however a cracking rider )
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's was the context Ruthio.
The arrogant and snobbish implication that Princess Anne is somehow to be respected as a superior person who doesn't suffer fools gladly as if she is something special being instead of a fairly average sort of person blessed by the lottery of birth to be in a privileged position .

( she is however a cracking rider )
Yes I see.

But I think even had she been born common like you and me she might well still have had that character/personality.

She's a plain woman and I've noticed that often brings out the worst in people's attitudes to them, they seem to suffer intolerance and so on from others.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by frankieboy ->
I mean are you sure Trump would do that?
Trump is such an idiot, nothing would surprise me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 10:36 AM

Tara you are so funny you remind me of Blackadders auntie .

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Tara you are so funny you remind me of Blackadders auntie .

What a lovely compliment, thanks so much.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

11-07-2018, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Yes I see.

But I think even had she been born common like you and me she might well still have had that character/personality.

She's a plain woman and I've noticed that often brings out the worst in people's attitudes to them, they seem to suffer intolerance and so on from others.
I think you mean ' a commoner ' we are not common are we !
And you are correct she is blunt like her father but in a less privileged position it would have been challenged .
I agree people always make exceptions for beauty .
It's unfair but the world is an easier place if you are good looking .
Princess Anne has many good qualities she is physically brave tolerant with her children and ( for a royal ) hard working .
She likes the company of men dresses I think well .
And she loves horses .

No I was once mistaken for her I was driving a SUV the same as hers with blacked out windows and had stopped at a garage ( unknowingly to me ) that she frequented .
So she does sometimes fill up her own car !

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top